Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trabajo Temporal Visa Extension

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Colombia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jebedu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Trabajo Temporal Visa Extension Reply with quote

I have one month left on my current visa/contract and the company I work for would like to extend my contract. They have no experience with this so I am searching for the proper documentation I need to present to El Ministerio del Relaciones Exteriores. I checked their website

http://www.cancilleria.gov.co/services/colombia/visas/temporary/worker

but couldn't find any information about this process. If you or someone you know has any experience with extending a previous work visa in Bogot� could you please give me some advice? I have questions specifically regarding the following:

required documents
price
possible complications
if a 2 year contract is possible?
Location (El Ministerio near Parque 94?)

Much appreciated,

Justin
MNguy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two yar contract is possible. Possible difficulties? You are in Colombia. These things change so often really your best bet is to go into MRE and ask them. IIRC near 100 and about 19? I don't think you'll have to leave the country to re-new though.
windowlicker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Trabajo Temporal Visa Extension Reply with quote

jebedu wrote:
I have one month left on my current visa/contract and the company I work for would like to extend my contract. They have no experience with this so I am searching for the proper documentation I need to present to El Ministerio del Relaciones Exteriores. I checked their website

http://www.cancilleria.gov.co/services/colombia/visas/temporary/worker

but couldn't find any information about this process. If you or someone you know has any experience with extending a previous work visa in Bogot� could you please give me some advice? I have questions specifically regarding the following:

required documents
price
possible complications
if a 2 year contract is possible?
Location (El Ministerio near Parque 94?)

Much appreciated,

Justin

Hi, Justin - pretty sure I know you. From Minnesota and work with Energeticos in Parque 93?

It's a pretty simple process to renew your visa if you're just extending it with the same company. The information they have listed on the website you posted is all correct, except that I believe prices have gone up ($250USD for the visa now, I believe). All the required documents are listed on the website:

-visa application form
-passport
-photos
-photocopies
-They say they need EITHER the contract OR the DP-FO-68 form (contract summary), but it's best to have both. These must be notarized.
-Certification that the business you're working for is a real business (I believe this also must be notarized, but I'm not positive)
-Certification of your qualifications: either a letter from your employer, or a copy of your diploma or teaching credential. Best to have your diploma and/or teaching credential as I have been asked for these.

You can take care of all of this in Bogot� at the address listed on the website: Bogot� D.C., Avenida 19 N� 98 � 03 Edificio Torre 100 pisos 3� y 4�. Make sure you have all the documents you need - you have to pay for your appointment (about $100K pesos, I think), so if you don't have everything sorted out when you go, you'll need to pay again when you go back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Colombia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: