Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chile Weather

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jules

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:19 am    Post subject: Chile Weather Reply with quote

I have no idea when winter, summer etc is in chile...can someone please let me know when the seasons are? And how cold does it get? thanks
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that there is a chart on the lonely planet website.
matttheboy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seasons are the same as Australia what with South America being in the southern hemisphere. It can be very cold in winter, a few weeks ago it was -3 overnight in Santiago for a few days, this despite the insulating effect of the thick winter smog...generally though it`s between 10-18 during the day and chillier at night (santiago weather).
Weona

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From about December-March is summer, March-June is fall, June-September is winter and September-December is Spring.

But the whether will vary (a lot, because of how long Chile is) depending on where you are in the country! Hotter and dryer in the north, cooler in wetter in the south. Very Happy
jimi2times

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there

Weona's right - it really does matter where you are in Chile. I was travelling around there for some time last year and experienced all different kinds of weather. Santiago has really dry air and is also quite polluted, making for a hot and smoggy summer - esp. bad in Jan and Feb and a dry and cold winter - July and Aug. The north of Chile - Arica etc.. doesn't get really cold in the winter - the sun can be quite warm - and is hot in the summer. The south of Chile is a different matter though. Puerto Montt is really windy and rainy - being a port - in the winter - and it just gets colder and wetter the souther you go .I spent a month around the Carretera Austral - between Puerto Montt and Puerto Arenas and the weather was nice and warm in the summer. I recommend going to the south of Chile - I had a wicked time there - the people are very friendly, and the scenery and food is good.

Peace
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Chile All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: