Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Low-cost US med tests & exam for employment visa
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nomad soul

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RisingStock wrote:
If I farm out all the different sections except for the physical exam (blood, chest, STD) do I need to have each examiner fill out their respective parts, or just the final examer fill it all out....if she/he even would? (Not sure how that would work, as there would be multiple signatures.....but was hoping you'd know better.)

That might be clear as mud. To clarify, who fills out and signs the final document......in triplets?

Since when did we need to get full body cavity searches to go teach English? Lol, might as well complain about the rain, right?

The independent lab generally emails you detailed reports for each specific test, which you then print out and take to the medical doc who will conduct your physical exam, look over the lab reports, and sign the form. By the way, if an NP or PA does your exam, be aware that the medical report must be signed by an MD or OD. (If he/she signs in blue ink, simply make additional copies in color so that you'll have your triplicate reports.) If you haven't done so already, download the Saudi medical report form from the embassy's website to see which tests are required and for the instructions.

Why all the fuss just to work in restrictive KSA? For starters, you need to confirm you're free of certain diseases in order to enter the country for employment purposes and for your iqama. Also, your employer is providing health insurance and requires that you be fit for work. It's not that unsual and is only a slight inconvenience. The pay and benefits make up for it anyway.
nomad soul

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind your medical exam and lab test results are valid for 90 days, so you'll want to time that part of the visa process a month or so before submitting your visa application packet (i.e., close to the month you're expected to deploy to KSA).
nomad soul

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Bump)
RustyShackleford

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting stuff on the first page. Wish I'd known/had thought of it given that I spent about $1200 on mine as well!
mpalazuelos

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty, I promise I'm not following you...

Is there anything (other than HIV and Hep C) on the medical test that can cause your visa request to be rejected ?

Doing a lot of research as you can tell...

By the way, a friend that is in Saudi Arabia told me her employer paid for her medical exam and visa fee upfront. Guess there are some positives to PNU...
nomad soul

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpalazuelos wrote:
Is there anything (other than HIV and Hep C) on the medical test that can cause your visa request to be rejected ?

Well, a positive pregnancy test result earns a rejection for single females... Shocked

Kidding aside, take a look at "KSA to hire medically-fit expats only" from early 2015.
mpalazuelos

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL I feel like single females who are teaching are not motivated to get pregnant. Teaching is a great contraceptive...

But what about things like HSV or STDs? Or problems with vision etc?
RustyShackleford

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not just Hep C, but Hep A B AND C.

I don't know what heebee-jeebies you have in you but, I don't think Herpes will give you the boot. Problems with vision should be no problem provided you have corrective lenses. The process is intensive but I wouldn't lose as much sleep as you probably are about.

Like I said, it's good that you're investigating this (I started posted here several months before coming), but you seem to know the steps already

1) get an on-site cert for peace of mind

2) bump up qualifications to get things going

3) send out resumes to get a feeler for things. I am not going to provide you with the name of my recruiter directly for my own privacy and security, but there are no end of companies recruiting. Just knock on doors and interview well.

4) work with a visa agent to expedite the process when you need to.

5) judge all the things you read online and come to your own conclusions - ask the company questions and see if you're satisfied with their answers.

6) Lower all expectations.
nomad soul

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpalazuelos wrote:
But what about things like HSV or STDs? Or problems with vision etc?

Contagious cooties will get you rejected. Apparently, ditto for certain chronic diseases per the 2015 article I referenced. If you're legally blind, that definitely would interfere with your abiity to do the job. Use good judgment and read through this (long-winded) thread; you have plenty of time before applying for jobs. You can also download the Saudi medical report.
currentaffairs

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a direct hire at a university in Saudi and medical/visa fees are not reimbursed. Make sure that you check with your employer concerning what is paid for and what isn't..
mpalazuelos

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it all contagious cooties????
nomad soul

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpalazuelos wrote:
Is it all contagious cooties????

Again, read the link I referred to in my earlier post as well as posts within this thread. Also download the medical form to see what tests are required.

For any other questions, it's best to start a separate thread rather than asking on this sticky.
mpalazuelos

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@currentaffairs My friend went through InAdvance, currently works at PNU and she told me all expenses for medical exam and visa were paid up front. Isn't that nice of them?!

Yea, I read the link. Didn't answer my question...
nomad soul

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpalazuelos wrote:
Yea, I read the link. Didn't answer my question...

From the Saudi Embassy's website:

Quote:
10. Medical report (three copies) and lab reports (two copies), along with three (3) passport size color photographs with white background. The medical report must be issued by a licensed physician certifying that the applicant is free of any contagious diseases. The physician must sign each copy of the medical report. The physician’s license number and address should appear on each copy of the medical form. Medical reports should be used within three (3) months from the date of issuance. Children under the age of sixteen (16) do not need a medical report.

Source: http://www.saudiembassy.net/services/Employment-visa.aspx
mpalazuelos

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Nomad!

But now it leads me to my next question, what diseases are in the category of contagious disease?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: