Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which is a better time to hit Colombia: May or July?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Colombia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
littlelauren86

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:05 am    Post subject: Which is a better time to hit Colombia: May or July? Reply with quote

So, I've been having some troubles in Korea (related to pay, etc. etc) and I'm thinking of an exit plan. I do know that that exit plan would basically require me to get a CELTA.

Which is better, go to Ecuador in April for a CELTA, then head to Colombia in May,

OR

go to Ecuador in April, get the CELTA, but stay there and enter Colombia in July?

Which do you think gets me the better chance of landing a legal job in Colombia? I'll have to get the CELTA and I have two years of experience in Korea plus 2 years part-time experience in the states. I still want to get my teacher's license, but I understand that I might have to put that on hold for a year.

Any input would be helpful. Thanks Confused

Read about my problems in K-land here as background: http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtopic.php?t=216705 & http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtopic.php?t=217929
CarolinaTHeels

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more time you have to network and put your resume out there the better imo.
littlelauren86

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..and in any case, apparently it would be much cheaper to go straight to Colombia anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Colombia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: