Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RAK MHSU

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
East_West

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:30 am    Post subject: RAK MHSU Reply with quote

Hello there:
I am new to this forum, and it is certainly a great website indeed! I am wondering if anyone can give some info: on compensation [salaries+benefits+ accommodation] regarding [b]RAK Medical and Health Sciences University[/b]. Any other information will be appreciated as well!
Eisenhorn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt we can tell you what the salaries/benefits are being offered at this university. They are NOT looking for English instructors, but instead looking for medical professionals and lab instructors.
East_West

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the reply. Sorry for not being specific in the last post!
I have realized that this forum is ESL-related one. I am looking for either Administrative [Dean or Associate Dean] or Faculty [non-ESL] salaries!
I have tried to locate on various websites but no one has given a glimpse of what RAK MHSU offer to anyone. If anyone knows about this university and the neighborhood [housing price, etc.], please let me know!
dunteslin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Advice? RAK MHSU is run by the same crowd of RAK Freezone cowboys as the 'American' University of RAK, and several other dubious institutions. If the contract offered is under freezone conditions it is worthless.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
East_West

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the reply "Duneteslin". They haven't offered anything yet, however one clarification is requested from your statement "If the contract offered is under freezone conditions it is worthless". What do you mean by "under freezone conditions"? Based on what I have been reading on the net, I know that University it is part of the Freezone attractions of RAK [similar to Dubai]. Will you be kind in elaborating your statement, please?
dunteslin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To East-West I would simply say: this is an ESL Forum, and I can only speak of what I know directly. Google 'American University of RAK' and read about recent mass sackings of administrators and teaching staff. Some of those aggrieved name the man who is presently finance director of RAK MHSU.

If anyone works within the freezone, contracts are meaningless and unenforceable. If you expect Western standards of professionalism, transparency and accountability you will almost certainly be disappointed. If you prepare to deal with duplicity, then you will probably not be surprised when it appears.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
East_West

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for your clarity in the message. As for this is ESL-related forum, yes, I do agree with your statement-100%. However, this may be the best Forum I have ever read regading Middle East-related University and Teaching issues - Lot of transparency in views per se. I have tried to post my queries on various other forums but never got any reply. Hence, came to this one! I respect your views and thanks for taking time in giving your feedback.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: