Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

American Academy of Casablanca

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Africa Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RIP_MrRogers

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:29 pm    Post subject: American Academy of Casablanca Reply with quote

I worked for 2 years at AAC.DO NOT do it!!!!!It is a school based on corruption.The teaching staff is not legally employed.The contracts were never stamped.The school is filthy literally and figuratively.The director will promise u the excitement of being part of a "new" and "expanding" school just code words for unorganized and out of control.The owner is uneducated and doesn't give a d*mn about quality education oh yeah and three of his monsters are going through the school I had the oldest he told me if I disciplined him I would be fired because his dad owned the school...nice.The school is filthy as I mentioned.Hot water is not used to wash the dishes and the school does not even own a vacuum cleaner.The food is nasty and served on metal trays like a prison.hildren share plastic cups when they drink the school provided beverage of tap water poored into bottles .
The owner uses the school as his private brothel.It is disgusting.The children come from the noveau riche of Morocco.The children are raised by maids who are afraid to discipline them.They have absolutely no respect for authority.The head of school Jodi Mulder allows parents to bully and cajole her into changing grades and reversing teacher made decisions on retention.
If you are a gorgeous,blonde tourist teacher u will be well looked after at this school.A bright yellow school van will be used to bring u out bar hopping, where u will never have to buy ur own drinks.Bottles of wine and dates with the security guard will be provided if u are needing more consistent company.

I felt like I needed to be power washed when I left that school.

you have been warned!
SOBELLE

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:29 am    Post subject: American schools in Morocco Reply with quote

Hi,
Thank you for your input and advice. I am an American citizen but originally from Morocco. I have been living in the States for more than 20 years. For the past two years, I have been trying to get a job in one of those schools. Although I was nominated "teacher of the year", hold a Master's degree in Education and a state certification, I was unsuccessful in getting a teaching job. I know the reason why, they will rather hire a native one with no experience than an experienced teacher. I guess I don't feel bad now knowing what goes on in these schools, it's so scary and unprofessional. What about the other schools, any idea?
Thank you again. Your input is so much appreciated.
Mr. English

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious Mr. Rogers, why did you stay two years?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Africa Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: