Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Legal Advice Requested

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RevolutionTeacher

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Legal Advice Requested Reply with quote

I was hired by an American company to work as a teacher in India.

Sad to say, but once I arrived the school started pulling some fast ones. To make matters worse, I was assaulted by a male co-worker, who was Indian. When I informed my boss she threatened to fire me if I told anymore. She was a white woman from Texas.

Needless to say, I informed her superior and was sent home. Now the company, as I said, an American company which has almost 100 running schools in the US, is now stating I never worked for them and fired me as soon as I reached US soil. Any an all assistance in seeking justice is needed.

A million thanks!
GlobalDawg

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Legal Advice Reply with quote

What kind of "justice" are you seeking? You haven't provide much detail in the way of the "fast ones" the school started pulling once you arrived so it's difficult to determine any injustice. So, your boss was a white woman from Texas; and you are a ?_____? ?_____? from ?____?

It's apparent that things didn't work out for you. Are you seeking compensation for something? Or, were you expecting to continue working for the company's schools in the States? Whatever happened, there doesn't appear to be much to make a case of--lawyers are only in it for the money, not personal justice. Be happy the American company returned you to the States before you got into trouble.

As my wife often advises me, I'll advise you--"Don't boil your blood."

g-dawg
spiral78

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may actually be the best possible outcome if the company now says that you never worked for them. They could be instead saying that they fired you for ABC cause(s).

I'd walk away quietly.
scot47

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You gotta know when to hold them
Know when to fold them
Know when to walk away
Know when to run."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> India All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: