Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

University teaching

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rioux

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: University teaching Reply with quote

Any good places to work at?

Any places to avoid?

What dates are the semesters in Indonesia?

Thanks
Tudor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You never seem to hear a great deal about university jobs in Indonesia, although that's not to say there aren't any out there.

Binus in Jakarta employ native speakers on upwards of 20 million a month. They require an MA (any will do I think) although they're not as stringent about their hourly-paid native staff.

I believe Triskati (sp?) University in West Jakarta have some kind of language school attached to them, but I know nothing about it.

President University (somewhere just outside Jakarta) employ natives I also believe.

The London School of Public Relations also employ natives, but you may be out of luck if you're a male of a certain age as they don't wish to encourage, erm, fraternising between staff and their predominately female student body.

I don't have any contact details for any of the above I'm afraid, and as Indonesia is as far from being an information-based society as it could possibly be, it's not always easy getting info on the internet.

Maybe someone else knows more than me...?
rioux

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: