Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The other 2012 Election.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico (off-topic)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
disraeli123

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Well, nice to finally hear from everyone...I thought....... Reply with quote

Hello Guy, Thanks for telling me about the polls although I already knew about the African- American poll numbers not good at all, but not surprising. In 2008 I do not remember exactly, but i believe John McCain won only 9% of the African-American vote. It isn't surprising that Romney's totals would be less although I doubt it will be 0% more like 5 or 6% maybe 1 percentage point less. As far as polls go most of the polls you are seeing are weighted 6 to 9% more with democratic voters over republican voters as you probably already know only 2 pollsters do not over sample they are Zogby and Rassmusen. Like I said to the rest of the "Wolf Pack" ignore me think of me as a right winger we'll see come November. By the way there were 2 highly accomplished Africa-Americans who spoke at the RNC so not all African Americans are voting for Obama. If you didn't see it they were Condi Rice and Mia Love. As far as you making fun of an American icon like Clint Eastwood you didn't get the skit he was making fun of Obama and making a point that as he said"We meaning the people own the U.S.A. and politicians are our employees and when they don't do the job we have to let them go". He was advocating the firing of Obama. I'll take Clint on his worse days over Obama on his best day Very Happy
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
As far as you making fun of an American icon like Clint Eastwood you didn't get the skit he was making fun of Obama and making a point that as he said"We meaning the people own the U.S.A. and politicians are our employees and when they don't do the job we have to let them go". He was advocating the firing of Obama

He WAS?!! I thought he was promoting some chair company working out of Tampa. It all makes perfect sense now.

I also got the impression he was coming out against the war in Afghanistan Obama started, and against lawyers running for president.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
disraeli123

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Enjoy your laughter!! He may have flubbed some of his lines, but he is still Clint Eastwood and his point was YES understood by the people of the U.S. make fun and laugh all you want. Someone like him has more influence than 100 Obamas. Like I said people who are not left of center are given short shrift here. By the way no one ever mentioned the Afghan war or blaming said war on anyone, but of course trying to distract is easier than really going to the substance of my post. You skipped over what I wrote about the polls as I said before Facts are stubborn things especially since there is historic patterns to how Americans vote and how the lamestream media tries to distort the facts. See Rasmussen and the Zogby polls also check the 1948, 1960 and especially 1980 election results and the polls leading up to these elections they might be revealing to you telling you something about this election, but I'm just a right wing kook who would listen to me. Again enjoy your laughter. 11/6/2012 is coming and we'll see who is the kook. I hope that you will allow me the same kind of laughter election night it should be a barrel of laughs Very Happy
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was enjoyable to get some laughs out of Clint...Romney being about as lively as half a broomstick.

Now if only Bachmann or Cain had won the nomination. Neither of those two would ever be upstaged by an empty chair.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Isla Guapa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Re: Well, nice to finally hear from everyone...I thought.... Reply with quote

disraeli123 wrote:
For Isla Guapa, Nice to know you know how to multiply. Again you won't answer me with substance only with derision well have it your way we'll see on 11/6/12. Am I arrogant as one of your fellow "Wolves" has asserted ?? It isn't arrogance, if you know history and the usual pattern of American voting, but I shouldn't confuse you with facts. Facts are nasty things when they do not fit into your political universe.

How on earth is a mild jest based on mathematical principles "derison"? Methinks you are in a touchy mood today.
Isla Guapa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy Courchesne wrote:
Quote:
Four times 0 is (drum roll) 0, or is my math a little off?

Exclamation You win today's prize...

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
disraeli123

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:31 am    Post subject: Guy it's good that you had your laugh, but hold on you have Reply with quote

Guy, Enjoy your laugh at Clint Eastwood's expense it won't last long...... He expressed not so well what I believe the majority of the American people are feeling now and will feel when they vote both for Romney and a Republican Senatorial majority. You seem to think what is taking place is some sort of joke. I live in Mexico and I love it here, but I have friends and family hurting back in the U.S. people have lost their homes and life savings this is no laughing matter to any AMERICAN and Obama has no solutions. I again have no idea how old you are, so you might not get what I'm about to talk about. Reagan came into office in 1981 with an economy as bad, if not worse than today, but he had solutions that worked that put more than 15 million people to work over his 8 years in office. I know a lot of people are enjoying America's pain well when she makes her come back and make no mistake about it she will you should hope she doesn't hold a grudge against those who tried to hold her down and hurt her people.

To Isla Guapa- continue playing to the crowd. Like I said above laugh all you want. While your laughing the anger of the American people is building and I believe so is a landslide victory for Romney and the Republicans is taking shape again at this time in 1980 Carter was slightly ahead we all know how that one turned out....... Laugh and keep on laughing people who have lost everything aren't laughing they are holding their tempers till 11/6/2012 when they will take out their anger on the democrats both in the White House and primarily in the Senate, but I can see at least an additional 25 to 35 house seats in the House as well. People know when their being shafted and they know who is doing the shafting a lazy man who wants 4 more years to really stick it to the American people not happening. Keep on thinking he will win it will just make 11pm on 11/6/12 that much more delicious since that is when the polls will close on the West coast and they will call the election. Laugh, Laugh, Laugh enjoy it while it lasts, because it isn't going to last much longer.

Last edited by disraeli123 on Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
By the way Guy your Canadian how about the conservative in power there Mr. Harper don't you think he is hoping for a Republican victory in November, so he doesn't have to deal with Obama and the XL pipeline can finally be built or don't you care about the family and friends back home that could be helped by such trade.

It's already being built.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-keystone-xl-pipeline-20120816,0,6693892.story

In a few years, Canadian oil will be refined in the US for sale to foreign markets.

Quote:
You seem to think what is taking place is some sort of joke.

What is the antithesis to someone who takes themselves far too seriously?
disraeli123

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Guy......................................................... Reply with quote

I might take myself to seriously, but I have family members suffering and that's the difference here. When I heard the stories from my parents and grandparents about the Depression I hoped I'd never have to see anything even close to that in my life well I've seen something like that and cousins of mine and even closer relatives are suffering through this. This isn't some faraway story to me or my family 3 cousins lost their jobs after 20 years of work and that has lead to them losing their homes don't talk to me about taking myself to seriously tell that to my relatives and friends who are close to having to take government assistance for the first time in their lives. When you have to accept food stamps to feed your children then talk to me and mine about being to serious. There is another side not only not taking important things seriously, but not caring about others who are hurting through no fault of their own. Like I said keep on laughing it won't last much longer.

Either you don't understand what is happening or you are just that callous about the suffering of others. My family will get through it they got through the GREAT DEPRESSION, but people who are laughing may not like the aftermath of this after as I said before, after America makes her comeback.

P.S. I hope the U.S. and it's citizens let by gones be by gones and enjoy the comeback the best way to get back at those who tried to hurt the U.S, is by enjoying the comeback to the max and let the World see it...............
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I again have no idea how old you are

Old enough to remember yesterday's BS and still young enough to HOPE that it can still all CHANGE.

Quote:
Either you don't understand what is happening or you are just that callous about the suffering of others. My family will get through it they got through the GREAT DEPRESSION, but people who are laughing may not like the aftermath of this after as I said before, after America makes her comeback.

You've made some interesting assumptions about the people posting here...we don't understand, we don't care, etc, etc. For my part, I've made no such assumptions about you. No public ones anyway.

It's interesting that you bring up the great depression. Do you know the causes of that period, the actions taken during it, and what worked and didn't work? (Hint - I'm likely to blame Bush for the current mess).

Quote:
Reagan came into office in 1981 with an economy as bad, if not worse than today, but he had solutions that worked that put more than 15 million people to work over his 8 years in office.

Is that those trickle down economics that favored so many in savings and loans? There's a great quote from long ago that presaged Reaganomics, rephrasing trickle down - "If you feed the horse enough oats, some will pass through to the road for the sparrows"

But I would love to hear your thoughts on how Reagan solved his era's economic woes as they compare to now, particularly on the size of government and spending.
disraeli123

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: You don't want any PM's OK I think I'm wasting my time...... Reply with quote

Guy- You said you wanted to hear what I had to say about how Reagan solved his era's economic problems. Well I PMed you and discussed that in my pm. I also, defended the so called trickle down theory which is really how capitalist economies grow. I also take offense how you describe the policies of president Reagan you obviously are to young to understand his policies, because as I described them to you they created about 15 million jobs between 1981 and 1988. I also, answered at least why the Great Depression happened in the U.S. the causes I didn't go into the policies of FDR, because that is a very long story over 2 terms, before the economy started coming back in the early 1940's. I spent time trying to answer your questions, but it seems you don't want a dialog. If you wanted it to continue you could have answered my pm with specific answers and then asked me to not send you PM's very Terse response and I quote " please don't send me pm's" no answer to my pm the information I sent in the pm nothing well again there is a pattern here whether it's you Guy or the others here never a cogent answer just don't pm me after asking me for my opinion and information. Yes, I have made assumptions about you and others from the dismissive nature of your posts and silence when it suits some of you not all. When someone sights direct sources for their information and at least in public they are not even brought up just ignored what is a person to think?? Secondly you said that "I've made no such assumptions about you-at least not in public" Well, that means things have been said about me at least by you privately so who is transparent here who at least has the guts to say what they mean and mean what they say!! I don't hide behind pm's or email to others. By the way I've said it before and I'll say it again, but I will probably be ignored again. Look up 1978 the passage of the COMMUNITY REINVESTMENT ACT under James Earl Carter. This legislation started us down the road to the 2008 collapse of the housing market. In 1997 the act was given teeth by Bill Clinton forcing banks to lower the minimum standards for mortgages this began the sub prime mortgage market. The banks fought it then decided we might as well make some money. Yes, Wall Street was at fault in this as well, but without the government enforcing the Act we never would have had a sub prime mortgage market in the first place. In 2005 GWB tried to reform the Community Reinvestment Act and he was blocked in the Senate by a Democratic filibuster lead by the former democratic Senator Chris Dodd, so until you know more about the history of the sub prime crisis and how it evolved don't go around blaming people like George W. Bush who tried to stop the disaster a little late yes, but he tried to stop it. The democrats started this train rolling then after it blew up they pointed fingers at the republicans. Just quickly banks had to lower their down payments from 20% to less than 3% down as a requirement for people before they could get a mortgage. So again I'll be ignored, because unlike others here I come armed with facts not smoke and mirrors. But I believe depending upon your response that I am wasting my time with a one way dialog where I come with facts specific historical references an I am ignored just asked to answer more questions which are again my answers ignored so unless you can come with something, better than derision and silence I think this might be my final post until at least the election where I will send just one post and, if I'm right it will be a post celebrating a victory. I don't see a reason to continue a one way dialog where I come with specifics and the rest just ignore the FACTS. You can take this or not by this time I really don't care unless you come with FACTS that blow my information away, so here's hoping, but I'm not holding my breath....................................................

P.S. The Savings and Loan debacle was also linked to the Community Reinvestment Act it was the original part of the banking industry that was targeted by the Act giving mostly Southern and Western Savings and Loans ways to make risky investments the mortgage end of the Act had no enforcement language until 1997 when it was revised by Clinton again 2 specific citations of 2 financial problems, but I'll be ignored again.
geaaronson

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disraeli

As for Reagan, let�s keep in mind that yes, he did come into power at a time of extreme inflation. The oil crisis and its rising costs as Iran shut off the spigot for the rest of the world caused havoc with the world�s economy. In the summer of �80 the cost of a gallon in Sweden was $5. That was the case everywhere.

But when Reagan came in we had a recession, for a short period there was a upward tic and then after the massive tax cuts we went back into a more serious recession in 82 with 10.8% unemployment. It took a whole decade to get back to full employment. So what was so great about the 80�s economy?

Both economic meltdowns, in 29 and in 08 were caused by rampant speculation fueled by easy credit terms for the capitalist class, caused by rampant laissez faire, business deregulation federal practices. Check out the partial repeal of the 1999 act, engineered by Clinton�s Summers, the 1937 Steagall-Wagner Act that effectively blocked the wildcat investment of investment houses in the home mortgage market. This is deregulation at its worst and with the abnormally low interest rates of the early 2000�s fueled the subprime bubble. These are the very financial shenaninigans advocated by the trickle down economists that caused the 2008 debacle and diehards like yourself, still don�t get.

So stop and think it through. Yes, you have our sympathy. We on the left are as much angered as you are. But we direct our anger at you people because you don�t have the sense to think through the situation and realize that you must get your TONGUES OUT OF RICH PEOPLE�S PANTS.
disraeli123

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Gearson..................................................... Reply with quote

Gearson, You know that the left can't take it when facts are brought up. You didn't mention that defense spending coupled with the tax cuts brought down unemployment. I graduated in 1981 I know how bad unemployment was, but look at who caused that a so-called president who strangled gas distribution so people had to push their cars home. Jimmy Carter ring a bell. How about the Community Reinvestment Act as the true cause of this crisis, because it points right back to the left wing of the democratic party. People are not stupid they understand that yes some government regulation is needed, but what is happening under Obama is strangling the American economy. You see, if I have to kiss some rich persons behind for my family to have good jobs so be it. The problem is every time you restrict capital and raise taxes you are going to end up with what we have now. The problem is you and other Leftists will never understand the American people, understand economics better than the so called Liberal leftist elite who would flunk a basic economics 101 course. Even the leftist media understands that Reagan brought us back and you can't change history although it sounds as, if you'd like to, sorry the history of the 1980's shows Reagan as a great economic leader and that he brought down communism as well. You can't rewrite history.

To end this your timeline is a little off and by the way see you on 11/6/2012. I am signing off for now see you after Obama is sent to the unemployment line!!!!!
geaaronson

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disraeli

George W. Bush cut taxes time and time again during his 8 years of presidency to the point where taxes were at the lowest abyss since WWII and it still brought down the house in a recession that verged on a Depression. Get with it. Straighten out your thinking. Stop reading the right wing drivel. They`re nincompoops.
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disraeli123 - no, I simply didn't want to receive unsolicited pms about how my using humor dishonours your family in some way. I never mentioned your family. But, if you really do feel strongly about the issue, I'd be happy to see the letter you fired off to the RNC after Clint Eastwood's callous use of humour in such oh so troubled times? After all, he's more influential than 100 Obamas and probably just a bit more influential than l'il old me.

Quote:
Both economic meltdowns, in 29 and in 08 were caused by rampant speculation fueled by easy credit terms for the capitalist class, caused by rampant laissez faire, business deregulation federal practices.

Gearonson sums it up here nicely...lack of oversight, and greed.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/greed-and-debt-the-true-story-of-mitt-romney-and-bain-capital-20120829

Bain operates under the same conditions and wraps their business practices in the banner of freedom and the free market, then stashes the winnings outside the US, far from the reaches of the IRS. True patriots those people.

Lack of oversight created the conditions for the S&L crisis, and both Volcker (prior to Reagan) and Reagan can be directly blamed, as well as Congress of the times. It is funny (sorry, that insults your family), interesting, how history merely repeats itself. The series of acts and policies starting in the last days of Carter and onto the Reagan tax cuts and deregulation policies follow the same pattern of the first decade of this century, both making credit cheap and easy and oversight of the power brokers minimal, both centered on the real estate market.

The Tea Party has said that it believes in the "basic dastardly nature of man" and sees no reason to try to change that. Fair enough, that's the Tea Party. Does the GOP think the same? History seems to say yes, as they keep setting up the conditions for scandal and failure, on the backs of the poor and middle class.

You would think, disraeli123, that if you were truly concerned for your family, you'd back a party that was also concerned about it. I might laugh at it all, because I prefer to not to cry at the stupidity plain for all to see. The folks picking your pocket, however, do it with a straight face.

Last edited by Guy Courchesne on Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico (off-topic) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 6 of 11

Jump to: