Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Its Official-Heading Back

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blaz88

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Its Official-Heading Back Reply with quote

Ok, ok. despite the negativity on the forum regarding everything in Poland or Polish, I am returning to settle for good. I have no anxiety or second thoughts about doing so. I have been in Poland for my honeymoon year in 2004, returned to Canada in 2005 with Polish wife, went back to Wroclaw with wife for 2007-2011. Had great work, coaching job with the American football teams, wife had solid job with international company and so many great times. Last 16 months in Canada has been probably worst in my life and I am a mature guy, did lots of screw ups in my time but can't say I have every met so much depression as I have had this last year, almost a complete waste of a year. I say almost because it was a learning experience. Yes we can still have those experiences when you think you have seen it all. I would like to hear from people that are currently in Poland now. I do have lots of friends that keep me updated plus extended family in Poland but the comments usually posted on this forum are harsh enough to repel most newbies from ever setting foot in the country. Guess what. Everywhere the prices are going up. Everywhere the youth are misguided and glued to electronic devices. Everywhere on the planet things are going to shit. I just want to find my little section of happiness in this world where I can have my beer, sit back feel good about the choices I made. Yeah, yeah, Poland may not be the perfect place in the world but I would rather be in Poland than anywhere in North America. Hey, I was looking at Torun, looks pretty good, prices are low, city is beautiful, central location. Can't convince the wife to move there yet but for some reason haven't visted it.
Let the posts flow- at least there will be a little entertainment coming plus a feeling in many of you to reentertain the thought of returning despite what is written here.
sparks

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm heading back too--December! Been back in America but tired of working a pointless job, somehow less meaningful than teaching EFL Smile and just generally want to go back. I guess I just needed a break from the gray for a while, but in the long run I think it's better there. Also, plan on doing the DELTA to perhaps respark my interest in teaching. I think that, as many people will write on here, that's the key to professional development and retaining interest in teaching.
delphian-domine

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Its Official-Heading Back Reply with quote

blaz88 wrote:
I just want to find my little section of happiness in this world where I can have my beer, sit back feel good about the choices I made.

Poland is a fantastic place to do just that.

I was sitting on Stary Rynek in Poznan yesterday, beer in hand (yours for 5zl) with a mate and just talking bollocks about TV shows. Can't beat it Smile

(then we went to a nice party with a nice mix of people, both Polish and foreign and all had a fantastic time. Shots in Kuznia at 3am wasn't the best idea, though...)
simon_porter00

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plot of land next to me for sale. 15km's outside of Warsaw, nice village, beautiful sunsets over farmland and a national park is 5 min away by car. Why anyone, if they had a choice, would want to live in a shoe box in a city is beyond me.

Forgot to mention - 4 American football teams in Warsaw now!!
blaz88

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warsaw may have 4 teams but only the eagles are in first league. Wroclaw is the football capital of Poland in terms of talent. Just sayin. I was in at the ground level to make it happen.
Jack Walker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came to learn recently that all the happiness you'll ever need is right between your two ears. Unless you are happy in there,you'll never be happy or content anywhere in the world.

A great deal of ESL teachers are drifters and people who've always had trouble fitting in to their respective social environments.

There is no utopia and every place has its positives and negatives.

When you achieve your own personal happiness and are comfortable with who you are,anywhere can be home.

Good luck
Jack
lundjstuart

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simon_porter00 wrote:
plot of land next to me for sale. 15km's outside of Warsaw, nice village, beautiful sunsets over farmland and a national park is 5 min away by car. Why anyone, if they had a choice, would want to live in a shoe box in a city is beyond me.

Forgot to mention - 4 American football teams in Warsaw now!!

More than 4, Eagles, Spartans, Werewolves, Krolewscy, Crusaders, Patriots and the first female team- Sirens!
lundjstuart

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blaz88 wrote:
Warsaw may have 4 teams but only the eagles are in first league. Wroclaw is the football capital of Poland in terms of talent. Just sayin. I was in at the ground level to make it happen.

And Wroclaw has 2 teams in the Top league? The Devils and who else played last year in the Top League from Wroclaw?
blaz88

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wroclaw Crew existed from 2007-2011 seasons. Then they changed to Wroclaw Giants for 2012 but were playing in the czech league mostly due to the Polish league not allowing them to play. Political thing.
lundjstuart

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blaz88 wrote:
The Wroclaw Crew existed from 2007-2011 seasons. Then they changed to Wroclaw Giants for 2012 but were playing in the czech league mostly due to the Polish league not allowing them to play. Political thing.

I'm very well aware of the league. You got it mixed up, they decided that they didn't want to play in the league because they weren't invited to play in the Top League, just the PLFA 1. Yes, it was political.

The Devils and Giants are only good because of their imports, plain and simple.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Poland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: