Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

English Teacher wanting to start a career in Istanbul
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wander&teach

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries. ESL teachers in foreign countries are an interesting bunch. That is what makes it so attractive to many people including me. But, it is very important to keep your expectations in check with reality. It continues to be a very respectable way to make a living, travel the globe, and can be a lot of fun. Just be sure to do your due diligence before embarking on your adventure. Best of luck to all!
Eagle Eyes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I agree EFL teachers are an interesting bunch of ???? Laughing
La Reve

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:04 am    Post subject: English Teaher Wanting to Start a Career in Istanbul Reply with quote

The Gulf/Middle East is an area with many countries, and different countries are more restrictive than others for women. I worked in Saudi Arabia - not a happy place. But life in the UAE and Oman for a single woman does not have restrictions.

All around the world, in most countries, married women get more respect because men fear physical violence from their husbands (on a very primitive level of existence).

Saudi is the worst country for single women because the restrictions cause serious mental/emotional problems. But this is not true in the UAE or Oman. I don't know about other countries. There are many Tunisians in both countries, both men and women.

The problem for you, without a PhD in literature, it will be difficult getting a job teaching literature. Without credentials in teaching English, you may only be offered the lower-paying jobs.

Please do not buy into the media myth that all of the Gulf/Middle East is anti-women. That's like believing every American woman is a *beep*.
mallannius

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: English Teacher wanting to start a career in Istanbul Reply with quote

amira ch wrote:
Hello,

I am an English teacher from Tunisia with a Master Degree in Cross-cultural Poetics (English Language and Literature) with almost 2 years of experience in teaching different levels. I am Interested in starting a career in Istanbul. So I am looking for Language schools or Universities which are looking for English teachers for the up coming Academic year (and which provide accomodation at least for the two first months). So if anyone is able to help me out I'd be extremely grateful.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Amira,

I'm also a Tunisian teacher looking for a job in Turkey
You can have a look at this website:

http://www.teacherhit.com/jobs/turkey

Kind regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Turkey All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: