Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Coming soon to Jakarta

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clifton10

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:00 am    Post subject: Coming soon to Jakarta Reply with quote

Hello all,

I will be moving to Jakarta next month from Turkey to accept a teaching position in south JKT.

I did check out expat.or.id to find out about expat life. When I was teaching in Hanoi, it was easier to meet expats there than here in Istanbul as the latter seem to have their own groups. My question is, will Jakarta be the same way, or will I have an easier time hooking up with other expats - and Indonesians? Many thanks. C10
Tudor

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I did check out expat.or.id

I would join their messageboard, you're likely to get a much better response from there than on here - sadly, very few people bother posting here nowadays. I know there are some members on there who meet up for meals, cinema etc from time to time.

I generally only spend time with my girlfriend, except for the occasional beer with colleagues, but, from what I hear, if you're willing to get out and about then there seems to be quite an extensive expat social scene in Jakarta. Indonesians are, by and large, friendly enough, so I guess there's no reason why you couldn't hook-up with them as well - the gatherings organised by the above appear to be a mixture of locals and expats.

Good luck with the move!
clifton10

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Coming soon to Jakarta Reply with quote

Hi Tudor,

Thanks for the lowdown and will join expat.or.id chatroom. Looking forward to the move. Cheers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: