Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Non-ESL jobs other than HCT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hatcher

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 5:01 am    Post subject: Non-ESL jobs other than HCT Reply with quote

I would like to work in the UAE in a non-ESL position such as business. However, I dont have a PhD; just a masters.

Other than HCT, what institutions hire for non-ESL positions those without a masters?

I looked at UAEU and ZU but...

HOw about the PI?
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your Master's business related? MBA and some business teaching experience would likely be the minimum.

Try looking at the next tier private tertiary employers... like AUD et al. Did you check University of Sharjah? How about some of the private Oman colleges in the Muscat area?

Your problem will be that there are so many Arab and Sub-Continental PhD holders to compete with...

VS
robinbanks

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a Emirates Inst.of Financial and Banking Studies,just down the road from the Men's College on Muroor Rd.I worked there evenings a few years ago.Nice young female locals and non-local Arabs working hard,unlike the local males who are "told"to go there by their bosses.m,any of the students "expect a diploma"as they gety ay raises from their companies if they get them.There's no.....erm,European or American lecturers there,which may or may not mean anything.
Gus Barkley

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Master's in a business field (management, MIS, accounting, finance, economics, etc.) or MBA + professional experience is enough to be considered for instructor positions. There is a continuous shortage so if you are qualified and seriously interested there are many opportunities. When I first considered coming to the UAE I applied, interviewed and had an offer in less than two weeks. The situation is about the same now as it was then.
Hatcher

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gus
Thanks. Now could u give me the names of those places assuming they are not HCT and the est salary?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: