Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TEFL PLUS LEGITIMATE?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
plumpy nut

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its only 7000 additional Baht x 3 to turn the course into 9 graduate credit hours. Nothing dodgy about that. After all you have to pay the fee for the TEFL course like you do with all TEFL courses and the university has to have money to fund the program with.
MaiPenRai

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Its only 7000 additional Baht x 3 to turn the course into 9 graduate credit hours. Nothing dodgy about that. After all you have to pay the fee for the TEFL course like you do with all TEFL courses and the university has to have money to fund the program with.

Not sure I agree. If one studies at one Uni/College/school and then transfers to another, they will often accept some or all of the courses as equivalent to their own courses. In other words they are accrediting the other schools courses. In every case I have seen or been a part of, there has never been a fee for the acceptance of my previous courses towards a degree at the new school. Basically they waive that course for you because you have already taken an equivalent that they recognize. Why should you then have to pay for that?

SUNY Uni is only accepting/accrediting the course for 9 credit hours towards a Masters. They will still make plenty of money from the other credit hours one would have to take to complete said Masters degree with SUNY.

Quote:
After all you have to pay the fee for the TEFL course like you do with all TEFL courses

My point exactly. You have already paid. You would be paying twice in order for it to be useful towards a Masters at that Uni.

I'm not suggesting its illegal or anything, I just think if they are going to accredit/accept the course and then market the course as a stepping stone towards a Masters, you shouldn't have to pay again (twice). It may be standard practice with TEFL course and credits toward Masters (I don't know), but I just don't agree with it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: