Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Abu Dhabi Education Council? ADEC??? is this part of MOE?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sammysez

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject: Abu Dhabi Education Council? ADEC??? is this part of MOE? Reply with quote

What does anyone know about Abu Dhabi Education Council ADEC??

They are looking for over 300 certified teachers K-12. Is this the same as MOE? Or the technical schools?

I've never even heard of them before.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do a search. ADEC brings up 228 threads here on Dave's going back to 2007. It is the part of the MoE that has been working on the reorganization of K-12 education.

VS
Gulezar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:13 am    Post subject: MOE Reply with quote

veiledsentiments wrote:
Do a search. ADEC brings up 228 threads here on Dave's going back to 2007. It is the part of the MoE that has been working on the reorganization of K-12 education. VS

I believe that there used to be a Ministry of Education and a Ministry of Higher Education. Now it is under one umbrella, the MoE. Abu Dhabi Educational Council is under the MoE. It has been around for years, and has tried a new approach to educational reform, it seems, almost every year: Finnish model, Georgia (US) teachers and so forth, home grown and shipped in. God bless 'em.

I may be wrong with all of this, as it is nearly impossible to find any hard facts or history from their website.
nomad soul

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sammysez wrote:
What does anyone know about Abu Dhabi Education Council ADEC?? They are looking for over 300 certified teachers K-12. Is this the same as MOE? Or the technical schools?

All education in the UAE is governed by the Ministry of Education (MOE) at the federal level.

In the emirate (state) of Abu Dhabi:
    - Public k-12 school education is administered by the Abu Dhabi Education Council (ADEC); a teaching license is required
    - Public vocational education and training are overseen by the Abu Dhabi Vocational Education and Training Institute (ADVETI)
mishmumkin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADEC didn't replace the MOE or the Abu Dhabi Education Zone. These bodies still exist. ADEZ and the MOE in Abu Dhabi are basically semi-defunct departments that keep operating with a limited crew. Abu Dhabi emirate schools sometimes have materials lingering from the old MOE days.

MOE jobs for the northern emirates are not ADEC, though ADEC is said to making a grab for authority outside of the emirate of Abu Dhabi. See below.

Confused? So is everyone else. Flavour of the month is ADEC, and they've held the power for the past 9 years. It's been over 7 years since kids in the emirate have started The New School Model (inappropriate curriculum imported from OZ). That means children around the age of 12 have been in English-language instruction taught mainly by native speakers with a teaching qualification from their home country. These kids are not going to need a foundations programme upon leaving high school. ADEC's curriculum, though rocky at the best of times, is considered to be successful, hence the potential extension of ADEC out of the emirate and across the board.
indirect.object

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody who works at a school in Dubai told me today that 'places like ADEC or ADVETI offer salaries like 20 K with housing included in that salary.'
mishmumkin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indirect.object wrote:
Somebody who works at a school in Dubai told me today that 'places like ADEC or ADVETI offer salaries like 20 K with housing included in that salary.'

Unless there's bee a recent change, ADEC offers far more than ADVETI or MOE jobs.
sammysez

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I clearly meet the qualifications, when do you hear from any of these companies? I haven't heard a word from any of these recruiters or direct-hires.

Is hiring now or later this summer?

thanks
nomad soul

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sammysez wrote:
I clearly meet the qualifications, when do you hear from any of these companies? I haven't heard a word from any of these recruiters or direct-hires.

You likely didn't make the cut. Frankly, in order to be competitive, you'd need a k-12 teaching license/certification and/or a relevant master's degree.
sammysez

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said, I had every qualification they asked for.

But, still never heard from them.

Anyone know the time they start contacting candidates? now, summer?
nomad soul

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sammysez wrote:

Hiring season is now. Candidates get contacted when/if recruiters are interested in moving forward with them. No one can tell you when that would be. Plus, just because you meet all the qualifications doesn't mean you're guaranteed an interview.

Obviously, if you applied for ADEC via Teach Away's site, then go there to check your application status:

Quote:
Once you have applied, our Placement Coordinators will review your application and will contact you if you are being considered for an initial interview within 1-3 days (This is for all non-direct to schools positions). Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we can only reply to candidates who are being considered to move forward. You can always check the status of your application by clicking the "My Jobs" tab in your teacher Dashboard, making this your step 3!
marierose

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sammysez wrote:

Count yourself lucky if you didn't make the cut lol..nasty outfits to work for, both ADEC and MOE
Blackbear

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marierose wrote:

Count yourself lucky if you didn't make the cut lol..nasty outfits to work for, both ADEC and MOE

Sour grapes? Or do you have valid reasons for your comment. Please elaborate as inquiring minds want to know the background to "pontifications" and opines....
s2000000

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject: MoE Reply with quote

Yes, blackbear, you're right. marierose, (or should that be canadianuae?) All of your posts are extremely negative and whining , plus your writing spelling/grammar is questionable; perhaps you're a troll? show concrete examples of your rantings!
Blackbear

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: MoE Reply with quote

s2000000 wrote:
Yes, blackbear, you're right. marierose, (or should that be canadianuae?) All of your posts are extremely negative and whining , plus your writing spelling/grammar is questionable; perhaps you're a troll? show concrete examples of your rantings!

Thank you for your positive support. However, let us (all) not be too pious with "Englisiise". I remember 30-ish years ago when my Ph.D. advisor was assisting a student with her paper.... He spoke the words she wrote (as a student at the University of Minnesota) and then asked her: "What does this mean?" The student could NOT explain what she had written.

Yup, English is a complicated language and with my students. Here, I am very gentle with them and even encourage them to discuss ideas in their native language (Arabic) before formulating a response in English. Nope- I don't take marks off for poor selling, Encouraging them works best (for them and for me) as does the KISS principle (Keep It Simple for Students). Some folks call it "Plain Language". No matter - what works is always good. No dogma needed.

Last edited by Blackbear on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: