Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Job search timing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jakemh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:36 am    Post subject: Job search timing Reply with quote

Hi all, I've read that most of the hiring in Chile happens before the beginning of the school year in March. Does that mean that February is the best time to fly to Chile and start looking? Or will the people who do the hiring be away on vacation?

If it makes a difference, I'm planning to start looking in Concepcion first.
lohanson

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I�ve read, arriving in the city you want to teach in a few days to a week before the beginning of March is sufficient.
Mrguay84

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: March or bust? Reply with quote

Just wondering if this March date for teaching in Chile is pretty much the only option with regards to finding a job in Chile.

Or are there opportunities at other times? For example there are often 2 major hiring times in a lot of other Countries (S.Korea etc.).

Gracias.
Dave0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:46 am    Post subject: where do you want to work Reply with quote

I live in Concepcion. From my experience, its not quite as "anyone off the street who speaks English" as Santiago. There are lots of universities in this area, who start the hiring in January or February, if those fail, you can start applying for schools and institutes, or looking for privates. You might be able to find a job arriving the last week of February, but if you miss that boat, you're SOL until July.
If you have an extra month or two and some extra money, it wouldn't hurt to come in January just to give yourself a bit of leeway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Chile All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: