Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shared flat wanted in Istanbul for mid July/early August

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kaurinz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Shared flat wanted in Istanbul for mid July/early August Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

We are a little late to the party but my partner and I have learned that our Turkish flatmates have been taking advantage of us and our other flatmates. After a discussion with them it is now time for us to move.

*begin rant*

It was already challenging to live in a flat that wasn't in the best of shape and cleaning up after them, but a few weeks ago we learned that four of the people we live with contribute at most 500TL for rent/utilities and the remaining four of us contribute 2000TL. (out of a total of 2500TL) Of course the four people in "charge" of the flat occupied the best rooms (roughly 2/3 of the living area) and always seemed to be overburdened with outside duties so they couldn't even contribute minimal time to tasks as simple as loading the dishwasher with their dirty dishes.

*end rant*

Long story short, we are wanting to live in a communally minded flat where everyone contributes equally to at least cleaning and the costs. Ideally we want a flat where we aren't treated as sheep to be fleeced, but instead as part of community that helps one another and chills out every now and then together. (and perhaps a shared meal once and a while...I like to experiment with baking and cooking...sometimes to good effect) A more social and less exploitative arrangement to be exact.

If any of you want more information about my partner and myself or have any leads please feel free to PM me. We are open to sharing a flat with Turks, foreigners, aliens, etc, as long as people are honest, kind and considerate.

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Turkey All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: