Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Immunization Advice Please!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
a788

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Immunization Advice Please! Reply with quote

Hello!
I am moving to Thailand on August 16th. I am trying to get the necessary immunizations prior to heading over there. I have all the routine shops (hep A & B, polio, etc.), but I read that it was highly suggested to get typhoid and Japanese Encephalitis shots.

Does anyone here know anything about how necessary it is to have Japanese Encephalitis shots? The shot is $600!!! Did you all get it?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
tttompatz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Immunization Advice Please! Reply with quote

a788 wrote:
Hello!
I am moving to Thailand on August 16th. I am trying to get the necessary immunizations prior to heading over there. I have all the routine shops (hep A & B, polio, etc.), but I read that it was highly suggested to get typhoid and Japanese Encephalitis shots.

Does anyone here know anything about how necessary it is to have Japanese Encephalitis shots? The shot is $600!!! Did you all get it?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

J.E. = get them when you get here. $40. Every kid gets them and every clinic / hospital carries the serum.

I wouldn't worry about typhoid.

Eagle Eyes

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure before arriving in the LOS amke sure you get immunizations for air pollution. food poisoning and noise pollution. Also make sure you get an immunization for extreme tropical heat and humidity! Good luck in the LOS! Smile
misteradventure

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything medical is cheaper than in the USA. Bangkok has first-rate hospitals and staff. If you can come without the shots as a tourist, it isn't necessary, unless you are doing remote high-risk work in the deep jungle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: