Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone know of any open teaching positions in Cairo?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
osiris1176

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: Anyone know of any open teaching positions in Cairo? Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

I thought I'd ask the good folks here are esl-cafe to see if anyone knew of any English positions that may be open. I've been an ESL teacher for about 3 years now and currently teach all English related topics (including TOEFL prep) at a Boston (USA) language school.

I was actually born in Cairo but moved to Boston when I was a toddler and was raised/educated in the States. But I do have an Egyptian passport and speak Arabic although knowing the typical Egyptian mindset I'm not sure if I should mention that. I haven't been back there in some time though so perhaps things have changed.

I know the academic school year is right around the corner and this is last minute. But if anyone could give me any tips or just point me in the right direction I'd be very grateful.

Thanks in advance everyone!
SOBELLE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, try El Alsson American International school, they are looking for an English teacher. I highly recommend the school, the pay is great and the staff is amazing. A little advice do not mention your Egyptian passport you will be considered a local teacher. Sadly enough local teachers make half of the salary. Try to get hired from overseas. Good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Egypt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: