Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

what does it take to get a job in Vietnam;

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gjan45

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:25 am    Post subject: what does it take to get a job in Vietnam; Reply with quote

Hi everyone;

I have been reading all the messages here about Vietnam and it has greatly increased my interest in going there. I am currently in China where I have been living and working as an ESL teacher for nearly two years. Curently I am teaching University students but I have taught at all levels, Primary and also Middle School. I do Not have a CELTA, trinity etc. type of certification, I have a Bachelor of Science and although I do not hold any teaching certification I am one of those that believes experience is more relevant.

I finish with my University in late June and I plan to work in China for the summer at least for July then in early or Mid August I plan to go to Vietnam, Not HCMC but Hanoi.

few questions;

1- Do I have to be there to get employment offers, any schools do it over the internet? has anyone heard of SITC? are they good?

2- what schools should I avoid when I go there?

3- Is a tourist visa good enough at least until I find a job?

4- Is 1000 UDS good enough for a month to live in hanoi?

5- When is the best time to go there? I plan to go in August? is this a good time ?? when does school begin and finish there?

6- I have two years of teaching experience in China and a Bc. Sc. (Biology) but no certification, will this present a problem ?

*********VERY IMPORTANT****** HOW IMPORTANT IS THE "WHITE FACTOR" . I am a 27 year old American female of Hispanic/Italian/ Irish decendence and well I DON'T LOOK WHITE as far as blond hair and blue eyes go, I am pettite, not dark skinned but I am not very white either, I have what some people would call Olive Skin, Brown hair and Brown eyes in other words I'm very Latin looking. I have never had a problem with this but I have read some post where people say as long as your very "white looking" you wont have problems. Will looking to "Latin" be a problem for me ? Rolling Eyes

I would really apreciated if anyone can give me an idea and answer my questions. all the best to all........ Very Happy
DaveJavu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 - Yes, pretty much. Saw SITC's ad. Don't know much about them.

4 - $1000 should be the minimum.

5 - August should be ok.

6 - Probably not.

White means "not Asian and not Black." Latin looking is white.
gjan45

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveJavu wrote:
1 - Yes, pretty much. Saw SITC's ad. Don't know much about them.

4 - $1000 should be the minimum.

5 - August should be ok.

6 - Probably not.

White means "not Asian and not Black." Latin looking is white.

Thanks for the info.
schwa

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: info for you Reply with quote

[quote="Miss scarborough"]try this too

Edited by Mr. Kalgukshi 05-07-04

Why is this person allowed to post blatant advertisements all over these forums. On signing in we're told: "Please note that advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are inappropriate in ESL Cafe's Job Discussion Forum" yet every post from this person is trying to sell something. I've yet to see a personal, helpful, or non-mercenary comment from this poster.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Vietnam All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: