Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Summer Schools teachng positions without activities?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Kingdom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
L83

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Summer Schools teachng positions without activities? Reply with quote

After having had the UK summer school experience twice, I'd like to know if there are any summer school teaching positions (which I like) that don't include being a babysitter for the kids during the activities and excursions (which I don't like). Also a summer school that doesn't require teachers to do any pastoral duties.

So in a nutshell, a residential teaching position that requires the teacher to teach and not babysit.

Too good to be true?
spiral78

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a pure teaching summer school gig once with an International House branch. This wasn't in the UK, but perhaps it's their usual approach, so you might find an IH branch somewhere you'd like to be for summerschool that does it this way. Basically, they had activities counselors in addition to teachers.
eihpos

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I was offered a job last year with a place called Concord College in Shrewsbury. No activities, just teaching. I didn't accept it in the end due to other committments but they seemed friendly and well organised. The pay was ok, I'd have to search through old emails to find the details.
Shelby

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I did a summer school with PLUS a couple of years ago. Teachers did have to go on a couple of excursions a week but no activities and no pastoral care.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Kingdom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: