Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dentists - Saigon

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kurtz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Dentists - Saigon Reply with quote

Hey guys, help a fellow TESOLer out with a good dentist in Saigon won't you?

Any of these any good?

http://www.whatclinic.com/dentists/vietnam/ho-chi-minh-city
1st Sgt Welsh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi kutz,

This thread might help:

http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?t=92287

I've used Westcoast since the above thread ended and I'm still happy with them Cool. Good luck!
kurtz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks buddy, any idea what they sting you for a filling? Hopefully no root canal needed Mad
1st Sgt Welsh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, sorry, I can't remember and I don't want to give a figure in case I'm wrong or the prices have changed. However, I've had two fillings done there and I can say that I didn't feel ripped-off when I got the bill. But, like I said on the other thread, I'm not one to bargain shop when it comes to medical services. If you want a firm price I'd recommend just firing off a quick e-mail to them. They respond pretty quickly, or at least they have every time I've e-mailed them Cool.
rpayvin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

I recently went to West Coast and they are great. I thought that I needed a root canal done yet thankfully the x-rays showed that I didn't. The consultation and x-rays cost over 60$, the filling another 40$, and my thoughts on the matter were that it may have been a better idea to go to a cheaper dentist for consultation and x-rays, and then if serious work is needed head to West Coast. I've heard that a simple filling is a much cheaper procedure elsewhere, so you could end up saving yourself some cash. The Sgt. is correct about their quick reply to emails, so you should be able to find out very quickly. Good luck!

RPV
lou_la

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to throw in another vote for Westcoast.

I had an accident last year and smashed two of my teeth. The dentist I saw (Dr Nhu Anh I think) was very professional and spoke great English, and the crowns look great - not even my mother noticed the difference, and they're at the front, so they're on show a lot. It cost about $1700 all together, but that covered two root canals, two metal post things to hold it all together again and two crowns. Bargain I think, definitely far superior to what I'd get on the NHS at home, and actually cheaper.

Other things aren't nearly as pricy, but they are probably more expensive than other places. I also think they charge different prices depending on if you have a foreign or Vietnamese dentist. I definitely recommend them though.

Lou
The Mad Hatter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Nhat My and the prices quoted are just about the same. When I visit my home country I seriously worry about needing dental care......... both for the quality of treatment and the cost.
kurtz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just another thumbs up for Westcoast. Very professional, modern and reasonably priced. I spent 90 mins in the chair for a cleaning, polishing, an x-ray, one filling and 5 teeth were sealed all for a couple of Benjamins.
BootOfTheBeast

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Continuing the Westcoast love-in...

I had root canal there, as well as a couple of fillings, x-rays etc performed by a Kiwi dentist at their Dong Khoi branch. Not cheap, but surprisingly trauma-free and I would have no hesitation going back. As I recall the root canal was about $400.

Boot
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Vietnam All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: