Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Finding a flat in KL...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Asia Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sushikurva

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:49 am    Post subject: Finding a flat in KL... Reply with quote

Last edited by sushikurva on Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
ffx99

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mudah.my
iproperty.com.my
propwall.my
SMR ELT

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: finding accommodation in KL Reply with quote

Much depends upon the location you want to stay and the price range you are prepared to pay. Appartments in the centre of town will cost you over RM3000 per month, wheras on the commuter line half hour away may be only RM1000.

You should also check out property agents in KL such as Reapfields and many others - while they mainly deal with sales they also have rented property available.
KayuJati

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Star online doesn't have too many adverts, but once you arrive in KL, pick up a Saturday edition of The Star and it will be chock-full of apartment, house, and room adverts.

Trying to rent something across the internet gets you into a higher-priced unit.
tttompatz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On line = double the rent for 1/2 the quality.

sushikurva

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by sushikurva on Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
sushikurva

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KayuJati

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sushikurva wrote:
Can anyone recommend some districts/neighbourhoods within 30 minutes of the city centre by lrt/monorail? Looking for inexpensive but not too inconvenient... is such a place, fully furnished 2Br-ish for 1500myr, possible?

Thanks!

Many adverts in The Star indicate whether or not the unit is close to the LRT. One family that I know simply rode the LRT around town and got off at different stations and walked around the immediate neighborhoods looking for 'To Let' (Untuk Disewa) signs. It worked quite well for them.

Bandar Utama, Damansara Utama, Sri Bandar Damansara, Petaling Jaya Sections 13, 22, 4, etc. There are too many neighborhoods to list; but, yeah you should be able to find a 3- or 4-bedroom for RM1500 per month to rent. Those are at the western end of the east-west line.

You can also look to the north end of the north-south line (Titiwangsa area) or the south end (Tasik Selatan) for housing areas within walking distance of LRT stations.

Another thing to pick up when you first arrive in KL is a KL area map book. It has maps of all of the neighborhoods and shows roads and mass transit lines and stations. Extremely valuable.
sushikurva

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gloomyGumi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fınally headıng to/wrappıng up the MOHE approval process whıch has been goıng on sınce January 2012---I know ıt sounds absolutely ıncredıble---due to sheer ıncompetence of the unı that has hıred me. Makes me wonder ıf as an employer they wıll be equally as utterly despıcably ıncompetent as they were durıng thıs HR process.........

anyway what are some nıce affordable (1000/month) flats for a husband and wıfe ONLY (chıldren wıll no longer be accompanyıng us---plans have changed regardıng that) wıthın a reasonable dıstance from UCSİ----whoops!!! I spılled the jelly beans, Nancy!
KayuJati

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gloomyGumi wrote:
fınally headıng to/wrappıng up the MOHE approval process whıch has been goıng on sınce January 2012---I know ıt sounds absolutely ıncredıble---due to sheer ıncompetence of the unı that has hıred me. Makes me wonder ıf as an employer they wıll be equally as utterly despıcably ıncompetent as they were durıng thıs HR process.........

anyway what are some nıce affordable (1000/month) flats for a husband and wıfe ONLY (chıldren wıll no longer be accompanyıng us---plans have changed regardıng that) wıthın a reasonable dıstance from UCSİ----whoops!!! I spılled the jelly beans, Nancy!

Congrats on the job!

Like I said above, get The Star Saturday edition and start looking close to the UCSI campus and moving outwards. You will be competing with students who will pack 6-8 into the same kind of rental.

Or, take the other suggestion mentioned above of riding the LRT or Monorail, getting off at various stops and then wandering around the neighborhoods close to the stations looking for 'Untuk Disewa' signs.

Buy a KL map book upon arrival. It is invaluable for seeing the names of housing areas and streets close to your campus.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Asia Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: