Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Working in Vietnam - Danang - with a DELTA

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnboy47

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Working in Vietnam - Danang - with a DELTA Reply with quote

Hi

I'm interested in teaching in Danang (or another small city) and would be grateful for any advice. Is it possible to get a job there before travelling out to Vietnam? Who would be the best people to contact?

I've recently completed a DELTA in the UK, have an MA in Philosophy and a CELTA with about 5 years experience of teaching, including IELTS and young learners.
drpangloss

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, realistically, there are jobs everywhere here. It's just a question of what kind of pay and conditions you're looking for. I'm in Nha Trang where the pay at a local school maxes out at about $14/hr, heard it's higher in Da Nang. Most places just seem to advertise via word of mouth so it's a lot easier to find something once you're here.
ExpatLuke

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could probably land a job at the Danang International School. I believe it's the best paying job here, but I have no idea if they are hiring now as the school year has just recently started.
watfordfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends what kind of job you're looking for. There are a lot of language schools here at the moment, and they don't tend to hire people who aren't physically in Danang.

If you want to teach kids, there are a few schools & kindergartens looking to hire native teachers. Again, with the exception of Singapore International School, they probably won't even respond to an applicant without physically seeing you.

ELI is one of the better places to work, but they are rarely short-staffed enough to employ people prior to arrival! It is far easier to get out here, and look for a job - you can usually pick up a few classes here & there in your first couple of weeks.
johnboy47

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. That's great. I'll e-mail a few places to see what response I get then just head out I think.

All the best
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Vietnam All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: