Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Working in Cyprus

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gator07

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:56 pm    Post subject: Working in Cyprus Reply with quote

Can anyone comment on what it's like working in Cyrpus, particularly in universities? How are typical students? What's a standard teaching package/contract? Where are some good places to look? Thanks! Smile
toyiki

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:37 am    Post subject: working in Cyprus Reply with quote

Hi Gator,

I have been living in North Cyprus for 3 years so I can offer you some friendly advice. I assume you are asking about the North.
The best place to work here would be ODTU North Cyprus campus. I advise you to look into the school of foreign languages.If you have a masters degree the standard pay is 4000tl. Everything you need to know is on the page. The offer decent furnished housing with central heating on campus for low prices.

http://www.sfl.ncc.metu.edu.tr/geninf.php

living and working conditions

http://www.sfl.ncc.metu.edu.tr/geninf.php

Keep track of this web site. They hold exams in Ankara and North Cyprus around June and then choose applicants for an interview and demo lesson.

I'm not going to comment about other universities as the pay is not that good and conditions aren't so great.

Cyprus is nice but dreary. It gets boring after a while. I think I have been to Turkey for about 130 weekends in 3 years. Also spend at least a month in the summer there.

Feel free to meesage me for other info regarding ODTU although I think the site sums it up pretty well.
semifrog

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: working in Cyprus Reply with quote

Hi Toyiki,

I just saw your post and was wondering whether you know of a university called Cyprus International University. You mentioned that most universities, aside from the one you mentioned, did not offer good conditions, so I was wondering whether this comment also refers to CIU. Any information that you could give me about this university would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Turkey All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: