Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Secondary teaching positions in Oaxaca

View previous topic :: View next topic  
treiche1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Secondary teaching positions in Oaxaca Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I am a credentialed teacher in history and English and am in the process of getting my master's degree in urban education. My fiance and I are planning to move to Mexico in the next year, specifically Oaxaca, so he can be closer to his family.
I want to find a teaching position at a secondary school (middle or high), that is bilingual (mainly because I don't speak Spanish), and preferably in/near Oaxaca. We are willing to go to other locations within 4-5 hours from Oaxaca for the right job.
I am just wondering if anyone knows of any good schools I could be in contact with?
Also, I have tried messaging Global ERS to no avail, I have messaged about 5 or 6 times and gotten no response. Are they still around, and are there any other good placement companies I could use? Thanks for the help!
MotherF

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

La Salle has a bilingual high school in Oaxaca City.
There is also a school called Instituto Blaise Pascal that is not bilingual, but has foriegn English teachers.

There are no places within 4-5 hours of Oaxaca City that have bilingual junior highs or highs. Except Puebla City which is just about 4 hours away maybe a little more.

You'd probably be a lot better off looking into teaching EFL at a university in the area. But you will need specific EFL training to be competitive in that.

I don't know of any placement companies in Mexico worth batting an eye at.

Actually, your very best bet would be to give private lessons to people your fiance's family knows. Oaxaca City is a very tough market for teachers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: