Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Argentina schools hirein people w- BA/ TESOL cert..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Argentina
View previous topic :: View next topic  
esl4everever

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Argentina schools hirein people w- BA/ TESOL cert.. Reply with quote

Hi Everyone -

I have come up with the same question again and again.

At the moment I teach ESL abroad.
But, I am still new.
Can anyone tell me how to see what Argentina schools are out there?

Details -

- Although I teach ESL abroad I am looking to change to a different country.
- Can anyone tell me what schools tend to hire individuals with a BA and a 140 hour TESOL certificate?
- Along with the certificate will be 6 months of experience teaching ESL abroad.

- most important - i wish to stay away from schools only interested in individuals with an Masters.

thank you ahead of time for your help.
esl4everever

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: I just got this e-mail.... Reply with quote

To: esl4everever
Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:44 am
Subject: hi Quote message
Hi,

what do you mean by "Can anyone tell me how to see what Argentina schools are out there?"

Also, is your certificate a Celta or just a regular TEFL certificate?

There are jobs available for people with a BA + tefl certificates but the salary would be extremely low. You would barely be able to break even each month, even if you didn't drink and cooked all your meals at home.

I have tried to put in as much info as possible when I posted.

To elaborate....

1 - I am looking for schools who tend to hire people new who have a TESOL certificate and BA with no prior experience.

2 - I actually have a CTESOL certificate for 140 hours. The reason i didn�t put that down when I posted is I find most people are more familiar with TESOL.

3 - I am looking for actual addresses - phone numbers and names of schools who tend to hire people with a BA and TESOL certificate.

please note -

I am aware of the financial situations facing teachers in Argentina.
I would prefer to work my way back to the original question posted which is looking for schools who hire individuals with a BA and TESol certificate only.
problem - many schools abroad are �American schools�� or simular wanting teachers to have teaching credentials which I do not plan to get.
I wish to stay away from schools wanting things I do not have.
And I wish to e-mail schools who may be open to what type of education I do have.
littlelauren86

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the Yellow Pages/Craigslist/Other job websites to find English institutes. You basically travel to teach working professionals around the city. If you're a native speaker you don't need anything else. Pay is low, etc. etc. but you touched on that already. There are some institutes in Buenos Aries but I can't speak for the rest of the country.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Argentina All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: