Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Globnet
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vila

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StampLover wrote:
PM me if you want the real story with Globenet. I'm on my fourth contract with them and have had NO problem at all.

To clarify, very few, if none, do runners!

Dear Stamplover,

ty for your message. Smile So, what is the situation with passports? I�d like to ask, if you are happy with them, why didn�t you say st good about them in your 1st post? It made me think, it looked like �If you can�t say anything good, don�t say anything at all�, I may be totally off, but just wanted to share what it looked like to me when I saw it.
StampLover

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't say anything because I've said it before on other threads about Globnet.

Can I say anything nice? Yes, they ALWAYS pay early!!!

Called yesterday to get my liquor permit renewed. It's ready to be picked up. Some agencies make you wait weeks.

Can I say anything negative? Not really for ME. All the MOM agencies are more or less the same. I hear good things and bad things about them all.

If you are a native speaker, just tell them NO and you will get to keep your passport. But understand, that the passport is needed to formalize immigration which they will need it for about 10 days for this.

To put it simply; YES, I am happy with them.
cadet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could anyone inform me about Globnet's policy of repatriating and settling financial matters upon termination of the contract? I am having a very difficult time trying to get the company to give me facts based on the law rather than on their interpretation of the law
cadet

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know of a situation where the company has not provided a return ticket home and have not settled all financial matters? It appears that I must hire a lawyer as my company refuses to to issue a ticket . Would very much appreciate any information as to what others may have done in this situation.
cadet

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: other options Reply with quote

Avoid this company at all costs if there is an alternative that is comparable. Company mgr. is one of the rudest, most uncooperative, dishonest people I have had the displeasure of being associated with. Illegally keep passports, sign contracts that are not honored, lie about repatriation tickets to home country,take months not weeks to settle on gratuity and final payment, force workers to hire lawyers to get what is rightfully theirs. It goes on and on.
Sleepwalker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadet - this situation is common - go down to the court in Ruwi and register a case for non-payment. Then inform the company to prevent them cancelling your visa.
cadet

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI Others who worked for companies such as TATI and others had no such difficulty. Their instructors received final settlement in less than one week; Globnet took two months and then did not have final payment due on the date of departure. I was forced to return to Oman to collect final payment. My legal rep had no luck in having Globnet do the right thing. Lawyers find these cases to be a nuisance. Again avoid this company if at all possible.
spillthebeans

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GlobNet might not be the best, but they are just recruiters trying to make a buck. As long as you don't harangue them, they'll eventually get there.

As for the Tech colleges in Oman they recruit for, watch out! Some serious problems there. Don't blame the recruiter for the bad job.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Oman All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: