Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Qualifications needed for Morocco

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Africa Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dean T

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:07 am    Post subject: Qualifications needed for Morocco Reply with quote

Besides my degree in Business, what other Qualifications or certificates must i have to be allowed to teach english in Morocco.

Would a TEFL be sufficient or would the CELTA course be what i require?

Or is it accepted that i can be employed on the basis of being a native english speaker that holds a degree?
Anne Stevens

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: 100 people cannot Qualifications needed for Morocco Reply with quote

Dean T wrote:
Besides my degree in Business, what other Qualifications or certificates must i have to be allowed to teach english in Morocco.

Would a TEFL be sufficient or would the CELTA course be what i require?

Or is it accepted that i can be employed on the basis of being a native english speaker that holds a degree?

that should do. I know lots of teachers teach with a BA - no more (at best?) The pay can be different, though (contrat local)

I noticed that more than 100 people read your message, if i am right ... Well, let's hope you get more responses .

Good luck.

Anne Stevens
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nolefan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:17 pm    Post subject: weir beast Reply with quote

Morocco is a quite a diferent beast when it comes to teaching english: some schools will ask for an education degree, some others won't give a darn about your degree. careful of certain dodgy employers!!!!!

There was a post in the international jobs area a few weeks back from the American Language Center in Rabat or Marackech... I would try to dig up more details but my conection s++cks today...

if you go there and get a job, avoid casablanca as the cost of living there is fairly high for a teacher's salary.
Brooks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you would need at least a TEFL certificate to teach in Morocco.
Experience is not always required.

Yeah, Casablanca was expensive, as far as Morocco goes. I remember.
deadhero

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:37 am    Post subject: ALC Reply with quote

I don't know about all ALC's in Morocco, but in Rabat they are quite willing to take people with only a BA.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Africa Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: