Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Curtains, Clint
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cool Teacher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry_Cowell wrote:
An elderly rich white man talking to his own stool

If that isn't the perfect image of today's Republican Party, I don't know what is.

At the conclusion of both conventions, it was clear that the RNC had provided absolutely no boost in the polls to Romney/Ryan -- and that is the entire point of a political convention in the year 2012.

Posters who keep citing the Rasmussen poll and ignoring other polls are simply deluding themselves. Even the Faux News poll showed Obama with the lead following the conventions. The Faux News poll showed that the president has a significant advantage on most issues and candidate traits:
    Voters trust Obama more than Romney on foreign policy (+15 points), education (+14 points), Medicare (+11 points), health care (+9 points) and terrorism (+8 points).

The candidates are rated about evenly when voters are asked who they trust more to handle immigration (Obama +4 points), taxes (Obama +3 points), making the country a better place to live (Obama +2 points) and helping small businesses (Romney +2 points).

Slightly more voters think Obama (45 percent) has a �clear plan� for improving the economy than say the same of Romney (42 percent).

On personal qualities, voters think Obama is better described than Romney as being honest (+11 points), being a steady leader (+10 points) and having the right experience (+7 points).
If that's FOX, then I think the election is over. Cool

Yes but be careful Henry old chap because sometimes it seems like there is no way that something crazy could happen and then it does happen and I wonder if all the people who say they will vote for Obaam actually will and not stay at homw because everyone said the shoe was in. Shocked

Don't count your chickens before they come home to roost. Cool

Cool Teacher 2012 (C)
Henry_Cowell

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that "Cool Teacher" is now in the running for Worst Sentence Writer.

Are there any other contestants? Prizes will be awarded based on sudden changes in direction, missed punctuation, alternating points of view, and terribly mixed metaphors.
johnslat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

‎"If somebody is dumb enough to ask me to go to political convention and say something, they're gonna have to take what they get," said Eastwood in an interview Tuesday with the television show "Extra" about the convention speech that won rave reviews, puzzled looks and slacked jaws."

Well they WERE "dumb enough." Very Happy

Regards,
John
Cool Teacher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry_Cowell wrote:
I see that "Cool Teacher" is now in the running for Worst Sentence Writer.

Are there any other contestants? Prizes will be awarded based on sudden changes in direction, missed punctuation, alternating points of view, and terribly mixed metaphors.

Oh Henry you are a teese I debilerately used a mixed metaphort because I wanted to start it myself and thats why I did a (C) next to it to copyright it. Cool Now I know it might not stand up in court (as the bishop said to the alter boy) but I was beig a bit facetious. Wink

Anyway, I just eant to say that I liked your joke about the old white mand talking to a stool. I think I will use that joke with seom freinds because some of them like political humour. Cool
Cool Teacher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnslat wrote:
‎"If somebody is dumb enough to ask me to go to political convention and say something, they're gonna have to take what they get," said Eastwood in an interview Tuesday with the television show "Extra" about the convention speech that won rave reviews, puzzled looks and slacked jaws."

Well they WERE "dumb enough." Very Happy

Regards,
John

Ha! That's amazing! Very Happy Shocked Cool Did he really say that???? Shocked Cool Laughing Surprised
Henry_Cowell

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Teacher wrote:
as the bishop said to the alter boy

The boy was altered to a girl? I know the Church is in big trouble, but I didn't know THAT was one of its crimes. Wink
johnslat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Cool Teacher,

He surely did:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/09/eastwood-on-rnc-skit-if-somebodys-dumb-enough-to-ask-me/

You (or I, anyway) have to kind of admire Clint; he's an equal opportunity insulter.

Dear Henry_Cowell,

"The boy was altered to a girl?" That happens only in certain altered states, for example, California Very Happy.

Regards,
John
fat_chris

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of the empty chair...

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/20/13989510-empty-chair-lynchings-anti-obama-protests-gone-too-far?lite

Warm regards,
fat_chris
fat_chris

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Altered States

William Hurt?

Warm regards,
fat_chris
Cool Teacher

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnslat wrote:
Dear Cool Teacher,

He surely did:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/09/eastwood-on-rnc-skit-if-somebodys-dumb-enough-to-ask-me/

You (or I, anyway) have to kind of admire Clint; he's an equal opportunity insulter.

Dear Henry_Cowell,

"The boy was altered to a girl?" That happens only in certain altered states, for example, California Very Happy.

Regards,
John

Wow about Clint! Shocked

Embarassed about the altered boy. Embarassed

I like Clinet Eastwood I saw movie recently with him in it called Grand Tourino and even though he must be in his sixties by now he looks really good for his age. Shocked Cool Really muscly. Shocked

I hopw I look that healthy. Cool
johnslat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Cool Teacher,

His new one just opened, "Trouble with the Curve."

Ebert likes it:

""Trouble With the Curve" isn't a great sports film, like Eastwood's "Million Dollar Baby" (2004). But it's a superior entertainment, moving down somewhat predictable paths with an authenticity and humanity that appeals. It's his first film since "In the Line of Fire" (1993) in which he acts but didn't direct. But he isn't that far from the director's chair because Robert Lorenz, this film's first-time helmer, has helped produce Eastwood's last 12 films, and was a second-unit director on others.

Any Eastwood film is notable above all for its professionalism. If the story here has certain foreseeable moments, that's not to say they aren't set up well and deliver right on time. We might suspect that Bo Gentry and Peanut Boy (Jay Galloway) may meet again, but how it happens and how Mickey is involved, is classic movie gold. There are so many traffic jams in the typical recent hyperkinetic movie that to find a sound story this well told is a pleasure."

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120919/REVIEWS/120919983

I plan to see it. I may not agree with all his political views, but he's a fine actor and an excellent director.

Regards,
John
Xie Lin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Teacher wrote:

even though he must be in his sixties by now he looks really good for his age. Shocked Cool Really muscly. Shocked

Looks even better for 82! Very Happy
Cool Teacher

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xie Lin wrote:
Cool Teacher wrote:

even though he must be in his sixties by now he looks really good for his age. Shocked Cool Really muscly. Shocked

Looks even better for 82! Very Happy

82! Holy Mama! Shocked

That's amazing and also thanks to Mr John Slat for his review link of the new movie by Clint Eastwood I think I will watch it too but I watched Grand Tourismo with my wife and she found it too harrowing and probably won't watch this new one with me even though she liked Letters From Iwo Jima (he directed it but didn't start it in it).

Here's to Clint Eastwood!

Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: