Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Language Link Yaroslavl
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amisexy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with BKC-IH tomorrow. They seem to have quite a few positions open at the moment, so fingers crossed!
njs7t3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if the plethora of open positions is very comforting Wink but lets see if we can't get me better pay than BAC's offer of 40K/mo.
Nexus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been into one of the Inter-Lang schools in Yaroslavl and I can confirm that the rooms, facilities etc are very good.

Can't vouch for the pay, scheduling etc but I think they'll be keen to have a native speaker on board so use that to your advantage (they need you more than you need them!)
njs7t3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently not, they declined to even interview me...
maruss

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Yaroslavl etc. Reply with quote

I would agree with the above postings that it is in parts a very interesting place with a really typical Russian atmosphere,but also that 40.000 roubles is not much money,especially with food prices in Russia today which are high almost everywhere,as somebody rightly pointed out.Also be very careful with accomodation because many Russians still live in what we would call accomodation of unacceptably low standards by comparison with many western countries!

Without any prejudice intended,this would be job hopeful has probably shot themself in the foot by openly writing that they have bi-polar disorder on this site forum because it can be read by anyone,including potential employers and some of them have ex-pat staff too...... to be very frank,Russia is as a rule not a place for anyone with any sort of disability and this includes psychological and mental disorders such as the one this person has referred to.Not wishing to sound unkind but it is probably better to reconsider the idea of going there very carefully,rather than suffer a bad experience.....I have seen how Russian people are treated there who have these kind of problems by people in general and I found it quite upsetting.
njs7t3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This OP doesn't think it's much better here in the good old U.S.A.
ETA

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hear u didn't get the gig. By any chance are you from Butler, MO? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icHGSiT1jEw. Bring the right to self defense mentality with you anywhere you go in the world.

[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S. All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: