Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OZ to Oman / Can Oman beat Istanbul for pay.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
calsimsek

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:42 am    Post subject: OZ to Oman / Can Oman beat Istanbul for pay. Reply with quote

Hi all

What type of work can a 45 old (married two young kids) Australian with a Masters in Education and over 10 years highschool experiance expect to find.

In the past I worked in Istanbul and going rate (about 5 years ago) was about $3000 to $4000 US a month plus extras.

Can Oman beat this..
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably not, but the UAE and QU in Qatar should. The key could be school fees for the kids. You really need to just apply all over and see what kind of offers you receive.

VS
The Steakinator

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]In the past I worked in Istanbul and going rate (about 5 years ago) was about $3000 to $4000 US a month plus extras.
Quote:

Where were you working (city and school) and how many hours were you working? I have never heard of anyone making even close to that in Istanbul and I was there for a good chunk of time. I finally moved onto Oman because the pay in Oman is so much more lucrative than anything I could come (though the students in Oman are so much slower and live is considerably less "interesting").
The Steakinator

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]In the past I worked in Istanbul and going rate (about 5 years ago) was about $3000 to $4000 US a month plus extras.[quote]

Where were you working (city and school) and how many hours were you working? I have never heard of anyone making even close to that in Istanbul and I was there for a good chunk of time. I finally moved onto Oman because the pay in Oman is so much more lucrative than anything I could come (though the students in Oman are so much slower and live is considerably less "interesting").
calsimsek

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

work at ISTEK in 2005-07 got paid $2700, last job at Bilgi Uni 2008 got paid $3200 25 teaching hours and 10 hours admin a week.
Turbster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see TATI offer 1400Rials including housing, UoN offer 1200Rials plus housing, so it looks like $3500US equivalent, all up is pretty much the norm.
Calla_Lily

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turbster wrote:
I see TATI offer 1400Rials including housing, UoN offer 1200Rials plus housing, so it looks like $3500US equivalent, all up is pretty much the norm.

Last year I taught elementary school in Sur (OLNG) and made 1270 OR.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Oman All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: