Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where have the public school jobs gone?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gfisher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Where have the public school jobs gone? Reply with quote

Hello, I used to see many public school jobs offered (for certified teachers). Now, they seem to have disappeared. To be fair, compared to other countries, the jobs didn't seem so attractive, as they were mostly 10 month contracts, with stingy government not paying teachers for the long holiday break.

Agencies like Dewey used to advertise them constantly, and I do mean constantly. I know that they were having problems filling them.

Has the program/scheme/idea been shut down? What's happened to the public school teaching jobs for certified teachers?
duckiedoodle

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also wondering about this. I am a state certified teacher with a an education degree from the US. I thought that public school teaching in Taiwan might be a good route for me but I just simply can't find a way to apply.
piglet44

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IT's true all the public school jobs are being advertised by Dewey it seems impossible to contact a school directly without going through a recruiter.websites don't have any email in English and if they do the mails ust bounce back.Any suggestions guys?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Taiwan All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: