Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TED Alanya

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lavaboy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: TED Alanya Reply with quote

Does anyone by any chance have experience with / heard of the summer language camp program that TED Alanya is running?
windstar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody said "lots of spoiled children, your job is to lullaby". I have no first-hand experience though. Good Luck and tell us your experience.
genericusername

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Almost All Private Schools in Turkey Suck. Reply with quote

Except for a few notable exceptions, Roberts College, Izmir American school and Tarsus American school, private schools in Turkey are a mess. There is no discipline and the kids are animals. I worked at Bahsesehir Alanya and personally witnessed a student throw a pair of scissors at another kid's face. The kid was let off because I was mistaken and didn't really see what I thought happened four feet in front of me.

The pay was always late, sometimes three weeks late. These schools are just in it for the money. That is why they look so pretty, but have no discipline. they are afraid that if they discipline these little angels that the parents will pull them out. The kids that want to learn really get a raw deal.
delal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aparently-this isn't firsthand info but I heard it from someone who worked there-the kıds are REALLY badly behaved there, even for "kolejı" standards
Hey-had the same scissors incident (and worse) at a different school and I was dubbed a troublemaker for actually being worried about the kids' safety, general wellbeing and learning, and for not going along with the atmosphere of denial. Can't say I miss the place Wink
genericusername

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Alanya Reply with quote

The people of Alanya are not the best example of Turkey. Even the Turkish teachers at Bahcesehir hated Alanyans. They have a saying that "The people of Alanya became rich before they became civilized" because they were a bunch of dirt farmers before it became a tourist trap making everyone who had any land suddenly rich. They're like the Beverly Hillbillies with really sh**y attitudes. Prices are often higher there than even Istanbul too.

It's no surprise that most of the private school kids are such animals. Kids there were pretty much either animals or angels with no middle ground. I got to the point that for some classes I would tell the kids who wanted to learn to sit in front and the kids who didn't to not talk so loud and ignore them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Turkey All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: