Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jet Statement of Purpose tips.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaDragon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Jet Statement of Purpose tips. Reply with quote

Hi.

I'm an American and college graduate. This is going to be my second year applying to the Jet Program. I applied last year and didn't get an interview, which was a bit of a bummer. Sad

Well, second time's the charm. I'm here because this forum seems to be full of nice and knowledgeable people. Also, I know there's likely more then a few Jets and former Jets here. I wanted to know if any of you would be interested in reviewing my statement of purpose from last year. Maybe telling me what I can do to improve it.

I know what many of you are going to say. I should have had other people review it before sending it in. And I did. The people I asked to review it were my college adviser, my Japanese tutor, my mother, who is a teacher and has taught ESL for years, and my aunt and uncle, who both work in higher education, have reviewed multiple cover letters over the years and have conducted interviews. My uncle even had his boss look at it, the guy worked as professional editor. I took all of their suggestions into account and in the end was pretty satisfied with the end result. I should also note that I used examples of successful Jet SoPs that I found on the internet for reference.

My cover letter pretty much still says what I want it to say, but I know that I have to make changes if I'm going to send it in again. So, if you have worked for the Jet Program, are a Jet, a former Jet, or even someone who just got an interview, would you mind giving my Statement of Purpose a look and telling me what you think I could do to improve it? I would greatly appreciate it.

I won't post it here. I've been told that's a bad idea. So please PM me if you're interested in giving me your two cents, and I'll send you a copy to look over.

Also, feel free to post any advice you think will help me and other applicants put together a winning application.

Thanks. Very Happy
G Cthulhu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Jet Statement of Purpose tips. Reply with quote

PM it to me. It'll take a me a few days to get back to you.
DaDragon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent you a copy. Thanks again.
G Cthulhu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just sent you a reply.

Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Japan All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: