Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Interview Prep

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monika13

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Interview Prep Reply with quote

I have a couple of interviews lined up in Japan and I was wondering what would be the best way to go for the 5 minute portion that has to be acted out of the lesson plan.

I was thinking of doing a song with new vocabulary, but would it seem too weird to sing a song for kindergartners among a group of adults?

Also, is the market for becoming an English teacher in Japan too saturated? I wonder if this is the case because of the economy, or if the Tsunami tragedy has made people not want to go to Japan as much as before? I heard that this has had an effect on tourism, but I'm not sure if it would be the same to say about the job market. I'm just curious if it's been getting more saturated or if there's a greater need for teachers. Thanks ahead of time for all info.
Glenski

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't make a lesson without knowing the age or level of the students. Ask.

"Too saturated"? Well, it's very saturated, yes. "Too saturated" means nobody can get in, but that's not the case. Prepare for many rejections and lots of competition. In other words, do your very best, like you probably had planned all along, right?

The market here has been tightening up since before 3-11. Collapse of 2 major eikaiwas was pretty much the starting point. As for the effect on tourism, yes, the earthquake has had that, but tourists don't work (legally, anyway). Reports I've seen and heard say that the teaching market is just as bad before and after the quake. Most people who left after the quake have returned.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Japan All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: