Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Selling Honda Cub

View previous topic :: View next topic  
worldlearner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Selling Honda Cub Reply with quote

Have you ever felt that the locals in Vietnam weren�t paying as much attention to you as they should? Do people rarely stare at you or say �hello� when you walk by them? I have the solution to these injustices.

In my possession is an 88cc Honda Cub. It has the ruggedness generally associated with Japanese motorbikes. This, paired with the Cub�s elegant design, makes it a wonderful bike for both men and women. Not only will this bike catch the eyes of everybody you cross paths with, it will also make you significantly more intelligent and attractive.

Make/model: Honda Cub
Color: Red
Engine size: 88cc
Price: looking for 7,500,000 VND

For more information and/or pics of the bike, please send an e-mail to [email protected]

Note: It is my ethical obligation to state that this motorbike might not make you intelligent, attractive, or more noticeable to those around you.

Last edited by worldlearner on Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Oh My God

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Selling Honda Cub Reply with quote

worldlearner wrote:
Have you ever felt that the locals in Vietnam weren�t paying as much attention to you as they should? Do people rarely stare at you or say �hello� when you walk by them? I have the solution to these injustices.

In my possession is an 88cc Honda Cub. It has the ruggedness generally associated with Japanese motorbikes. This, paired with the Cub�s elegant design, makes it a wonderful bike for both men and women. Not only will this bike catch the eyes of everybody you cross paths with, it will also make you significantly more intelligent and attractive.

Engine size: 88cc (upgraded from 50cc)

For more information and/or pics of the bike, please send an e-mail to [email protected]

Note: It is my ethical obligation to state that this motorbike might not make you intelligent, attractive, or more noticeable to those around you.

BAHAHAHA!
mark_in_saigon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: very unlikely you have 88 cc on that Reply with quote

It is very unlikely you have 88 cc on that bike. These increases are what the VN tell you after they increase the bore, or put on a larger cylinder. The VN are either so inexperienced they do not understand about how to increase displacement (by both boring and stroking in more or less equal amounts, keeping the engine balanced), or they think WE are so inexperienced WE do not understand this. In most cases, we do not, nor do they, so this theoretical increase in cc they all state is just bull. Indeed if it is an 88, then they have done an entire engine swap, in which case the VIN on the crankcase no longer matches the VIN on the frame and the registration, which puts you at risk at police stops. If going that route, why stop at 88, go all the way with a donor engine from a 110 (actual 108 or so), and get a real thrill. The cost is no more.

For those who need to understand this, we went over it in detail about a year ago in the big motorbike thread you can find in the archives. Bottom line: just because a VN mechanic tells you something does not necessarily mean it is true.

Final note: the Cub is a great bike, no doubt, but the poster must be kidding about respect. It has been here so long it has become a very common bike, the most common of all, and so does not give them the thrill they seek. A few of the older guys respect these bikes, most of the young people are drooling over bikes that cost a couple of grand or more. I had one out just the other day and some guys asked why the foreigner with all his money would drive a Cub. That is what they really think.
biliana

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Selling Honda Cub Reply with quote

worldlearner wrote:

Engine size: 88cc (upgraded from 50cc)

I think this is tongue-in-cheek.
manaroundthetown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am interested in renting by the hour, need it from 8-10pm tonight-How much for the evening? Any extras?

I wish I was an English teacher, a life that nobody wants but everyone has Cool
biliana

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chi 0903 643 446
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Vietnam All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: