Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Searching for kindergartens / English Centers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lioli

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Searching for kindergartens / English Centers Reply with quote

Hello!
I'm currently looking for kindergartens and English Centers located in Hanoi, where I can send my job application in.

My intention is to find EVERY single kindergarten and English Centers in Hanoi there are but right now I don't live there which is why I firstly want to find them all via googling...

But googling seems to be way harder than I expected because I have the impression that not all kindergartens and English Centers have their own webpage. They just seem to be hidden somewhere in the darkness...

I know this sounds ridiculous but could you guys please give me all advice you have to find all Hanoier English Centers and kindergartens where English lessons are of course offered? Smile
mark_in_saigon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, I would take a look at this thread:

http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?p=1054347&highlight=#1054347

It is yours. You posted, there were over 30 replies, you did not respond a single time. You did not thank a single person for his/her help.

Quote:

I know this sounds ridiculous but could you guys please give me all advice you have

I think I would have to agree, at this point, it would be ridiculous to offer more. Not because we are unhelpful. Instead, my suspicion is you are making this up, your intent is something other than what you are stating. Still, whatever your intentions, I will offer you my best wishes. Bye.
lioli

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Mark_in_Saigon

Hey! Thanks for your reply first of all...
Why should I be making all of this up? o.O This doesn't make any sense at all...

Why should I go to this forum and troll around and annoy other people by robbing their time to give me detailed and complex answers?

You don't know what my current situation here in Vietnam is! And yes, I haven't revealed everything concerning my circumstances yet but there are reasons!

I need a job to get the hell out of where I am right now. But this isn't as easy as you think ...

By the way I have read every single reply in the other post and not having thank anybody was I fault which I now admit...

I just don't know what to do and I am kind of overstrained with my situation.
skarper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with MIS on this. I didn't notice it was the same poster as before but after that thread I think your goodwill is exhausted for now.

The basic tenet of these boards is that older hands offer help to newer faces as payback for the help we got starting out.

I don't have a clue what you are after here and frankly I don't see how anyone would have the information you request at their fingertips.
sigmoid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, when someone posts then just disappears and never replies or gives thanks, it looks like the boy who cried wolf or something.

This is an old school solution that I've used in other cities. Not sure how complete this is:

http://www.ypvn.com/category/education/language-school/location/ha-noi/

Not sure how useful this one is - Nurseries and kindergartens:
http://www.ypvn.com/category/education/nursery-and-kindergarten/location/ha-noi/

You can look for other cateogries here, but there are no listings under 'Int'l Bilingual Schools' or"Kindergartens':
http://www.ypvn.com/category/education/location/ha-noi/

You can also search for "job listings the new hanoian"

Good luck and don't forget to write Laughing
lioli

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...
Okay everybody, I see! I will draw a lesson from this for my future...

Sorry again! No offence was intended Sad

@sigmoid

Thanks very much =D
That surely will help me
sigmoid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, you should check your inbox. I sent you a private message (PM) over a month ago.
mark_in_saigon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, my point is lots of folks sincerely tried to address her issue, yet she did nothing in return. Now she comes back with a new issue. If this was a sincere, honest situation, it would have been managed sincerely on her end.

We do have a constant problem with a particular poster who leaves and keeps coming back trying to create animosity. I can recall at least 4 different identities that seemed to be that individual. Cannot say for sure when a new poster is a new incarnation of that individual, but it is pretty easy to see when someone is sincere or not.

OP, you never responded a single time to your original thread. You also never responded to your PM's. If you really want help, my suggestion is you correspond privately by PM with the people who seem most reasonable, (means you have to respond to the messages sent TO you), and you will likely get the help you need. The way you have presented yourself publicly does not at this time seem very sincere, and so speaking for myself (who sincerely tries to help anyone who is deserving of it), I think your best approach would be to build your credibility by corresponding privately with the folks who did try to help you.
lioli

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ mark_in_saigon

Okay, I understand your point.
I'll try to change my attitude...
scot47

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Internet forums, like the wider world, are full of time-wasters, and people who never leraned how to thank others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Vietnam All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: