Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Arriving in Brasilia 01/26/12

View previous topic :: View next topic  
openmindedtraveler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:52 am    Post subject: Arriving in Brasilia 01/26/12 Reply with quote

Hello,
I am arriving in Brasilia, DF next week and I am looking for other teachers to network with as I look for jobs. I have teaching experience but overseas is new for me so anyone who would like to meet up and chat over a glass of wine or go see some amazing place hit me up. [email protected] I am so excited to experience the culture and the language but I also know it is going to be a lot to take in so feel free to message me or shoot me and e-mail!!
Erin Cool
openmindedtraveler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so im here and it is even better than I imagined it. After spending 4 days in Brasilia, DF I am flying up to Salvador to pursue some opportunities that are coming up due to the Carnaval. I am going to try getting a job at a hotel for the Carnaval and then see if they like me enough to get a work visa. The job hunting has gone quite well in Brasilia, I just need to have that visa to get the good ones. Today I am going to another school that is rumored to assist in obtaining visas before I leave Brasilia so we shall see how that goes!!
littlelauren86

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear everything's going well for you! Definitely keep us updated on the mystery that is Brazil!
RL

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please keep up the posts; very interested in your Brazil experience.
openmindedtraveler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I made it down here. I spent a week in Brasilia and then decided to go up to Salvador. I am absolutely in love with this city. It has its downsides, you obviously cant go walking after dark in the bad parts of the city by yourself. However the beaches here are amazing and there is a lot of opportunity to be found here. I found work at one of the institutes here almost immediately after Carnaval. Here they say that the new year does not start on january 1, it starts after carnaval.
I havent really picked up any private students yet but I havent really tried very hard either since I wanted to get a little experience teaching in a school and then jump into private students that way. However I have decided this week that its time to put my shingle out and start hustling for students because right now at least I am getting very small amount of hours through the school (hopefully it picks up).
All in all I am very optimistic about Salvador, I just have to put my best foot forward and work hard, it is a bit expensive to live here, and it can be extremely confusing finding places and getting around on the bus but I am so in love with the beach and the culture that i am willing to learn and adapt.
jkrishnamurtidotorg

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: updates Reply with quote

It seems you haven't said anything since March.

If you have the time, I'd like to hear more about your experiences.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Brazil All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: