Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Love me do - 50 years on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sashadroogie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Love me do - 50 years on Reply with quote

"IT WAS 50 years ago today (yesterday). �Love Me Do�: they say it�s your birthday, happy birthday to you. Let�s all get up and dance to a song that was a hit before your mother was born, though she was born a long, long time ago. Oh, I believe in yesterday: Sgt. Pepper taught the band to play. They�ve been going in and out of style. But they�re guaranteed to raise a smile. So may we introduce to you, the act you�ve known for all these years, Sgt. Pepper�s Lonely Hearts Club Band.

Roll over Beethoven, And tell Tchaikovsky the news. The music will never stop, grooving up slowly. We�ve got no kick against modern jazz, but dig these rhythm and blues. Any old way you choose it, it�s got a back beat, you can�t lose it, it�s gotta be rock and roll music.

Listen to the music playing in your head, something in the way it moves, attracts us like no other. And we find the things that it does make us feel alright, Christ you know it ain�t easy � it�s everything we need.

The more we go inside, the more there is to see: roll up for the mystery tour. Penny Lane is in our ears and in our eyes there beneath the blue suburban skies, blackbird singing in the dead of night, Lucy in the sky with diamonds, a boat on a river with tangerine trees and marmalade skies, and Maxwell Edison, majoring in medicine in an octopuss garden in the shade. Don�t you step on my blue suede shoes. Eleanor Rigby, Polythene Pam, Strawberry Fields, and Mother Natures son, jai guru deva, and Michelle, ma belle...

There is a place, where I can go, when I feel low, when I feel blue, and it�s my mind, and there�s no time when I�m alone.

Whispered words of wisdom. Sont des mots qui vont tr�s bien ensemble, tr�s bien ensemble.

But now these days are gone. And now our life has changed in oh so many ways, and we�re getting older, losing our hair, we know that we just need you like we�ve never done before. We�re getting by with a little help from our friends, and still they lead us back to the long and winding road. There is still a light that shines on us. Still the guitar gently weeps. We have enjoyed the show. Who could ask for more?

Yours sincerely, wasting away."
sixthchild

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, pity only one of the Fab four is still performing and well sometimes I wish he wouldn't!!!!
johnslat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sasha,

How did Elvis creep in there?

"Don�t you step on my blue suede shoes."

Regards,
John Very Happy
sparks

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Various members have done versions of the song, a quick youtube search shows that. I guess since Elvis didn't write any of his own stuff, you could say they have as much of a right to it as anyone... Smile
Sashadroogie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Johnslat

Elvis sneaked in while Chuck Berry was creating a diversion... Very Happy

Regards

Sasha
sparks

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in the day it wasn't uncommon to cover and release songs that weren't "old". Like if J-Lo covered a Brittany Spears song today.
johnslat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The too often overlooked Carl Perkins was the granddaddy of them all - and the original "Blue Suede Shoe"er.

Regards,
John
choudoufu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sixthchild wrote:
Yeah, pity only one of the Fab four is still performing and well sometimes I wish he wouldn't!!!!

you'd prefer yoko then?
sixthchild

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well yeah, she could wail in the background (shes done a fair bit of that by all accounts) and Ringo (yes, remember him) could do what ever he used to do when they were a foursome, with the missus sitting on his lap with a small sherry or two in her hand, just to set the mood and take some of the spotlight away from boring rich a-ole Macca!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: