Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vacation days in Kuwait and driving

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prometheus12

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Vacation days in Kuwait and driving Reply with quote

Hey,

I've read some of the posts on here and most seem to be dealing with salary issues, I'm more interested in how many leave/vacation days you get. I know of a couple that has 3 months paid leave?

Surely, that isn't common in Kuwait? I've seen a couple of job ads that doesn't state how many leave days you entitled to, is it thus negotiable? If it depends on where you work school/university etc can you please just tell me your vacation days and of course where you work.

Also if you don't drive is it easy to get around via taxi? Is it expensive? I know in some other countries you can hire a driver (ME and outside) or the public transport system is really good.

Thanks.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vacation days will depend on employer. KU probably offers one of the longest with a place like AUK coming next. But, KU seems to be only doing local hires these days. And yes, three months is not common anywhere in the Gulf with universities. The most common is from 45-60 days.

I have never heard of vacation days being negotiable at any employer in education.

Many people make arrangements with a particular taxi driver with variable results. It was NOT cheap relative to education salaries when I was there years ago, and I doubt that it has changed. I personally didn't find taxis a feasible option. The Kuwaiti bus system seems better than most of the Gulf... covers a more extensive area. As always, it depends on where you work/where you live.

VS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Kuwait All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: