Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TQ Training

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flow

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: TQ Training Reply with quote

I am looking for information about this organisation based in Al Khobar. Been offered a teaching position with them.
They seem to look for teachers available IMMEDIATELY. Sounds a bit strange to me this ""�mmediate start" thingy Confused Confused
Anyone?
Thanks!!
wantok

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's all the info you require.

Immediately implies those cursed illegal visas, duh!

And an exodus of existing staff.
now in ksa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I met the director at interview he seemed a nice guy, I heard they were one of the better establishments, TQ are a UK company. I also heard they put a free bus to Bahrain for staff every weekend and I believe staff get a car.
Middle East Beast

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wantok wrote:
Here's all the info you require.

Immediately implies those cursed illegal visas, duh!

And an exodus of existing staff.

There's no other way to get you there immediately. Remember that those visas clearly state, "Not Permitted to Work." Yet you are expected to sign a work contract upon arrival. Hmmm...anything seem nutty about that?

MEB Cool
wantok

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Careful here!

A work contract upon arrival???

Either or, with apologies to Kierkegaard, it's

1. Sign employment offer before arrival (which the Saudi embassy sights for visa processing), thereafter sign contract upon arrival. Dubious.

OR

2. Sign only an employment contract well before arrival (which the Saudi embassy...) which is ideal because documented terms and conditions cannot legally be altered.
Middle East Beast

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wantok wrote:
Careful here!

A work contract upon arrival???

Either or, with apologies to Kierkegaard, it's

1. Sign employment offer before arrival (which the Saudi embassy sights for visa processing), thereafter sign contract upon arrival. Dubious.

OR

2. Sign only an employment contract well before arrival (which the Saudi embassy...) which is ideal because documented terms and conditions cannot legally be altered.

Be careful of what?? My point is that the visa clearly states, "Not Permitted to Work." What difference does it make when you sign the work contract? The conflict between the visa and a work contract is obvious to the most casual observer.

MEB Cool
P_Pace

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TQ?!? I thought you were talking about that complete idiocy of a management philosophy known as Total Quality that was popular back in the 1990's. But then, TQ is total fiction and a way of management passing the buck on things. So it would probably work well in SA!
wantok

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There exists no "conflict" between a contract and a visa. Each has its own articles. There exists distinction between the two.

As two distinct entities, their relationship is best described as "associative" or "collaborative", or "cross-supporting", so to speak. One does not supersede the other, nor is their relationship competitive.

To those who are by "professional" disposition without integrity, then you are correct: the specific time a contract is signed (either side arrival to KSA) is truly insignificant, damn the consequences.

This is consistent with amorality and represents individuals who may or may not choose to attend a seminar or two in values clarification.

Choose your words and phrases carefully. Your audience in these thread include newbies.
Middle East Beast

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, the point is...the visa states that you can't work!!! I don't care when you sign a work contract...the point is that you will sign a work contract. Why is that so hard to understand?Shocked

Go ahead and parse words and meanings all you want. You're not in the classroom right now.

Good god, man.

MEB Cool
wantok

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ye gawds!

My students, some of whom are newbies, attend eslcafe.com.

BTW, I'm the guy who a week ago posted in a different thread an actual illustration of a business visit visa with the phrase in English.

How helpful was that, sir?

You're walking the fine edge that seperates sensibility and insensitive cyber bullying.
cmp45

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wantok wrote:
Ye gawds!

My students, some of whom are newbies, attend eslcafe.com.
BTW, I'm the guy who a week ago posted in a different thread an actual illustration of a business visit visa with the phrase in English.

How helpful was that, sir?

You're walking the fine edge that seperates sensibility and insensitive cyber bullying.

Oh good grief! When all else fails you always have the cyberbullying card to play...great call... Shocked There is nothing to suggest that MEB's comments are anything but to the point -addressing what was a plain and simple statement that you twisted into something other than it was... merely because you failed to admit that you've been called out on your long winded dubious intellectual ramblings...(perhaps for the benefit of your newbie students???) Cry wolf somewhere else, your gig is up!

Last edited by cmp45 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
wantok

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padlocks are the prerogative of this site's administrators.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: