Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

School refuses to cancel FEC. Who to report it to?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Babala

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: School refuses to cancel FEC. Who to report it to? Reply with quote

I hired a teacher and his previous school is refusing to cancel his FEC. Without this, we cannot process his paperwork to get him his visa. The school is required to cancel the FEC once a teacher leaves. Who can I contact to report the school and get them to cancel it?
walkinginmemphis

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You hired a teacher and yet you do not know the legal and procedural processes for obtaining work credentials for a foreign employee?

I see horror in someone's future(s)
Fanyi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did the teacher finish his/her previous contract?
Babala

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the teacher completed the contract and he finally got the FEC cancelled. We had previously contacted the FEB and were told that they couldn't do anything until is was cancelled. This is when I posted this question.

We went back to the FEB and higher up and the previous school finally put through the paperwork.
kungfuman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this exact problem with my last school. Once I told them I was leaving and wouldn't stay another year they refused to cancel the FEC. Nobody at FEC office cared or would do anything.
zacharybilton

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: School refuses to cancel FEC. Who to report it to? Reply with quote

Babala wrote:
I hired a teacher and his previous school is refusing to cancel his FEC. Without this, we cannot process his paperwork to get him his visa. The school is required to cancel the FEC once a teacher leaves. Who can I contact to report the school and get them to cancel it?

This post really makes no sense. Because a FEC doesn't need to be canceled. It only need be transferred. This assume a new job in the same province. If an employee goes to a new province, then there is no need to cancel it as it applies ONLY to the previous province. If the FEC expired due to time then there is no reason to cancel it. It entirely makes no sense.

YOU hired a teacher but don't know hiring processes? walkinginmemphis makes a good point.
Babala

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old thread but I'll answer anyway.

You are wrong. A FEC definitely needs to be cancelled before a teacher can move to a new school. For a new school to process your paperwork they require a cancellation of the FEC which your old school needs to provide.

BTW, I initially posted this question because the school in question was NOT following the law so I wasn't sure what to do in that particular case.
zacharybilton

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Babala wrote:
Old thread but I'll answer anyway.

You are wrong. A FEC definitely needs to be cancelled before a teacher can move to a new school. For a new school to process your paperwork they require a cancellation of the FEC which your old school needs to provide.

BTW, I initially posted this question because the school in question was NOT following the law so I wasn't sure what to do in that particular case.

Did I miss the rule, sticky, or anything else to suggest that I am not qualified or permitted to reply to any thread that is still in the database? Talk to the admins about deleting posts you think are too old to be kept in the DB. I guess things go back 12-13 years here. I know of nothing that forbids replies based on dates.

You are saying that the school didn't follow the law in what way? Teachers were hired illegally? School wasn't authorized to hire foreigners? No license?
kungfuman

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: School refuses to cancel FEC. Who to report it to? Reply with quote

zacharybilton wrote:
Because a FEC doesn't need to be canceled. It only need be transferred.

What's your source for this or did you just make it up?
lionheartuk

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few years ago I went to a new school in Hubei from a school in Sichuan. The PSB in Hubei would not cancel my F.E.C and they told me I had to go back to Chengdu to CANCELl it. I said I am not travelling back there and paying hotel and travel costs for an unknown number of days unless they reimburse my travel expenses. They finally cancelled it themselves and gave me a new one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: