Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Education Experts/Skyline Global
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lmorin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:18 am    Post subject: Education Experts/Skyline Global Reply with quote

Hello,
What I am writing is meant to be a factor for all those considering taking a position with this company. I have worked for them closing on a year and do really regret having agreed to have done so. The latest is a refusal to pay 45 days vacation days for processing a Canadian visa which is part of their 'option' system. A system that they invented and then use and abuse purely for their own ends.This 'system' also seems to involve cancelling year contracts in order to prorate plane tickets etc. to save them money. Another teacher agreed to work past her contract expiry date as a favor to them and the University which is short staffed. They are now refusing to pay her end of contract bonus as they are claiming she did not work the specified amount of months (she worked a bit past it at their request doing them a favor). I have known other teachers who they have also asked to work past their contract expiry date but they had declined. A friend of mine went to collect her contract bonuses after working for them for over two years and was promised it and then the manager called the accounting department and asked them to deny her payment when she went up to collect. Another friend is considering suing them for around 20, 000 SAR which she claims they owe her and have not paid (and it does not seem likely that they will do so). I finally got paid after waiting close to three weeks after when I should have been paid. However, some other (as they paid some teachers over a week ago and not others) were not so lucky and are being ignored or recieving rude emails in response to their begging requests for their salaries. I could go on all day talking about this company but I think enough said. I made an easy decision without putting in the effort to bypass a recruiter (direct hire) and have regretted it since.
curbcrawler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

didnt you read the information about this company on this forum?
serves you right.
cmp45

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imorin,
Sorry to hear you had to learn the hard way, but at the very least your post may help others to think again about working for these SOBs.
I Rub Ruchi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Pretty Bad At Education Experts I hear! Reply with quote

I know a lot of men working for this joint and they always complain about being behind for months on their pay. On top of that, they recently were evicted by the Saudi police because nobody was paying for the "employer provided accommodations". Also, they have endless visa issues since they never seem to have the proper visa for a long term stay. Anyway, most seem to be unqualified and desperate for work; they end up getting exploited. That might explain why they are finding it easy to hide their bitterness and you don't hear complaints on this board.
fledex

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Pretty Bad At Education Experts I hear! Reply with quote

I Rub Ruchi wrote:
I know a lot of men working for this joint and they always complain about being behind for months on their pay. On top of that, they recently were evicted by the Saudi police because nobody was paying for the "employer provided accommodations". Also, they have endless visa issues since they never seem to have the proper visa for a long term stay. Anyway, most seem to be unqualified and desperate for work; they end up getting exploited. That might explain why they are finding it easy to hide their bitterness and you don't hear complaints on this board.

This is their history. It just simply isn't changing.
wantok

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exploiting the naivety of migrant workers reluctant to legally challenge the adjusted terms and conditions of their contracts. Universal!

The Kingdom abolished slavery in the early 60s. But residual effects remain generations later in righteous citizens' craniums -- right there in the frontal lobe region where eccentric idealism is filed.

Edex and their corrupt ilk might change if sufficient instructors vigorously heed the caveats expressed in these threads.

Change in the sense of administrative demise.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Pretty Bad At Education Experts I hear! Reply with quote

I Rub Ruchi wrote:
That might explain why they are finding it easy to hide their bitterness and you don't hear complaints on this board.

What? There are threads every single week complaining about these people... since the day that they went into business.

A mere search will turn up dozens and dozens and dozens of threads... but desperate people either ignore them, don't believe them... or take the jobs anyway...

Rolling Eyes

VS
Middle East Beast

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

curbcrawler wrote:
serves you right.

Serves you right????

What's the point of stating that? The person's just trying to earn a living and give insights into that particular job, insights that could prevent others from making the mistake of accepting the position.

I don't understand your motivation for making this statement...did it make you feel good to state that?

Thank you, Imorin, for taking the time to share this information on a forum that I have discovered can attract attacks/judgments from some people. This is your first post so you may not have been aware of information shared about this employer here. When you share on this forum be prepared and don't take any crap. Also, don't be discouraged to share information in the future. There are many more people on this forum who are willing to help rather than respond with a useless comment as curbcrawler did.

MEB Cool

Last edited by Middle East Beast on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
P_Pace

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

curbcrawler wrote:
serves you right.

You should change your name to sewer crawler!Rolling Eyes
wantok

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cubcrawler: Consider yourself demonstrably cyber-bullied.
johnslat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it bullying when you bully a bully? Very Happy

Regards,
John
Middle East Beast

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wantok wrote:

Edex and their corrupt ilk might change if sufficient instructors vigorously heed the caveats expressed in these threads.

Yes, and I'd extend this rejection to many other employers in KSA and tell 'em, "Take your crummy contracts and stuff 'em!"

Rather than waiting for them to change, though, they should be replaced by employers who will heed our collective rejection of crummy contracts and approach TEFL instructors as professionals rather than as bottom feeders.

MEB Cool
Abdullah the Enforcer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnslat wrote:
Is it bullying when you bully a bully? Very Happy

Regards,
John

You tink maybe, I should have a private word 'im? Neutral
wantok

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, MEBeast, they can also take their crummy visas and stuff 'em.

Which, as noted in another thread, is precisely the information the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in conjunction with the Ministry of Higher Education have indirectly relayed to crummy employers in KSA.
johnslat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Abdullah the Enforcer,

I have a baseball bat you can borrow - just swing for the knees. Very Happy

Regards,
John
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: