Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you don't enjoy CELTA then can you enjoy TEFL?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Solar Strength

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fluffyhamster wrote:
I haven't seen enough of 3rd Rock or BBT to have an opinion about them, and haven't seen any of the Russian cartoon or King of the Hill. I have however seen and enjoyed enough of all the other stuff you mention, Cole. So I guess my tastes are just a bit wider than yours is all. Cool

coledavis wrote:
I have to admit, I really enjoyed the trailer voiceover.

I want to be the greatest jazz player in Yorkshire. Yeah, all right, not a bad line. And 'The Man With Wounded Shoulder Production' wasn't a bad gag. But quite a lot of work waiting for decent internet just to dig out those nuggets.

Butters - primetime performance there, but I didn't think much of the idea of the Timmeah compilation.

Re Little Britain: I quite enjoyed the earlier series (although these wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for the League of Gentleman). However, mainly for the purpose of increasing its popularity, L.B. became increasingly crude, with a really unpleasant take on people with
disabilities. However, the Brit receptionist is as good as usual: "the computer says 'no'".

Ah, yes, Mind Your Language, from that halcyon age when foreigners were both exotic and funny. And stupid.

it'snotmyfault wrote:
Personally I didn't "enjoy" the CELTA, but I found it useful, coming from a non-teaching background. It gave me the confidence and basic skills to go into a classroom not looking like a rabbit caught in the headlights!! And I can happily say I'm enjoying my job at the moment.

More importantly here's a few of my favourite UK comedy programmes, happy memories!
The Young Ones
Blackadder
The Fast Show
Alan Partridge
The Royle Family
The League of Gentlemen (filmed near where I used to live)
The Office

You guys are posting waaaay off topic here. The thread focus here is about CELTA. Open a new thread about movies and comedy, etc. if you're looking to discuss that. Thanks! Very Happy

---

Back on track regarding the CELTA, it is a good base, IMO, for new teachers to establish some minimum standards towards classroom teaching methodology, knowledge of SLA, pragmatics, phonology and language analysis.

The reality is, however, if I were to try and put all of my students' seats and desks in a horseshoe shape, I'd receive complaints from local teachers and students. Some of the stuff that CELTA preaches as "good practices" aren't practical in the real world.
Mr. Kalgukshi
Mod Team
Mod Team

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several off-topic postings have been deleted.

Please stay on topic and do not post off-topic or derailing comments.

If the off-topic/derailing posting continues, the next level will involve more than simply deleting the inappropriate postings.
fluffyhamster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Back on track regarding the CELTA, it is a good base, IMO, for new teachers to establish some minimum standards towards classroom teaching methodology, knowledge of SLA, pragmatics, phonology and language analysis.

In what ways does the CELTA touch much on 'knowledge of SLA'? Explain, please. :-i (Go on, knock yourself out!!).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: