Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Returning to Istanbul after 10 years

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr_Clean

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Returning to Istanbul after 10 years Reply with quote

I had four enjoyable years at a language school in Istanbul and have spent the past ten years teaching English at a college in London. Now I'm trying to tie things up here in order to move back to Istanbul.
Although I've been back for holidays and tried to follow the forum, I've lost touch with the job market and would really appreciate some guidance.

Having a BA and a DELTA plus 14 years' experience, while still under 40, I feel I should be in a relatively good position to find somethng decent, especially with a fairly good knowledge of the language and culture. But, saying that, I'm just not sure where to start looking for work and the best way to go about it.

Ideally I'd like to do some teacher training or find work in a university.
Are there likely to be positions coming up for a January start? Is it worth writing directly with a CV/cover letter?

I'm coming over for a week at the start of November and would be able to visit some employers if it's likely to pay off. If it were for a private language school, I'd be more confident of walking around and popping in ad hoc, but have little or no knowledge of how to go about this with universities.

Any advice would be warmly welcomed!!!
sedaa91

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Clean,

A lot of universities do hire in January but I'm not sure exactly which one they might be. It might be worth a shot to email a few you can find on the net before you come. Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Turkey All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: