Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question about teaching in China for August?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yamantaka

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:32 am    Post subject: Question about teaching in China for August? Reply with quote

Hi, I am currently an English teacher based in Japan. I work full-time (at a university) but I have had some work experience in China in the (distant) past and I would really love to teach there again in a way that won't interfere with my full-time job schedule. That means that it would be in August.

I think there are some specialized niches that I could fill. But is this an impossible idea? To find a teaching job in China for August only?

Additionally, does anyone know about any English-teaching conferences which take place in China?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.
OhBudPowellWhereArtThou

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What special skills do you possess? The process starts with a self-evaluation, then research to place yourself in a special position.

For example, if you have a nursing background, you could teach medical terminology at a medical school. (Such positions exist).

Do some homework.
Yamantaka

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OhBudPowellWhereArtThou wrote:
Do some homework.

Yeah, I'm currently at the beginning of the homework-doing process.

I've taught in universities in Japan and the US for about 10 years. I've done intensive writing programs, study-abroad programs, Business English. Mainly at the university level. I've also studied Chinese for quite a few years, so I think I could at least offer some Mandarin to my students.
OhBudPowellWhereArtThou

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yamantaka wrote:
Do some homework.

I've taught in universities in Japan and the US for about 10 years. I've done intensive writing programs, study-abroad programs, Business English. Mainly at the university level. I've also studied Chinese for quite a few years, so I think I could at least offer some Mandarin to my students.

Wait. Whom to you intend to teach? Chinese students or non-Chinese students? Your marketability as a Mandarin teacher in China is pretty slim. Think about it.
Yamantaka

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yamantaka wrote:
Do some homework.

Wait. Whom to you intend to teach? Chinese students or non-Chinese students? Your marketability as a Mandarin teacher in China is pretty slim. Think about it.

Uh, I was thinking of Chinese students? When I said "offer" I didn't mean teach Mandarin. I meant-- you know-- be able to communicate with students and staff a bit more effectively?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: