Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

letter of no objection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abercrombie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:23 am    Post subject: letter of no objection Reply with quote

I had a great time teaching in KSA. the students were happy. my boss was happy. the administrators were happy (mostly).

I made the mistake of leaving KSA without the letter of no objection. Now it bit me on the ass because it's the only document that I need to return to KSA and get a higher paying job.....

My emails and text messgs to my ex-boss (in English and Arabic, use Google Translate!) go unanswered. I got the feeling that I'm outta sight, outta mind. One piece of advice was to bribe my ex-boss.

Should i just move on and forget about KSA? I'm about at the point of doing it. Sad
Barbaros

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have been more than 2 years outside the Magic Kingdom, you do not need the letter of no objection.
According to Saudi law, employers are not required to compulsorily issue NOC (but this will depend on how the Saudis interpret their own law!).

Quote:
My emails and text messgs to my ex-boss (in English and Arabic, use Google Translate!)

Be careful with Google Translate, it may translate an English text into Arabic text with a different meaning of the original text!
I hope Google Translate did not upset your ex-boss by twisting the meaning of your original English text. Laughing

Quote:
One piece of advice was to bribe my ex-boss.

Again, be careful with giving bribes in the Magic Kingdom.
The punishment of accepting a bribe is imprisonment up to 10 years or a fine up to one million Rials or both.
Also, the briber (you), or any mediator, will be punished by penalties of the article of incrimination.

So, I guess your ex-boss will think 100 times before accepting your bribe! Laughing
strangerthanparadise

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you do NOT need an noc, however, some employers, if they know you cannot produce one, ask for the thing if they don't want to employ you and don't want to tell you that straight to your face...saudis are not that confrontational, they prefer a detour which makes them feel less (or not at all) uncomfortable.
now in ksa

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could deny you ever worked there and wash your passport - bit late for this job I guess.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: