Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korean Won to Japanese Yen

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom567

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Korean Won to Japanese Yen Reply with quote

I live in the Shimosuwa area and am seeking a bank which will permit me to exchange Korean Won for Japanese Yen.

I am willing to travel as far as Matsumoto City and am not far from Okaya, Chinho, and Kami-Suwa stations. Can you help me?
G Cthulhu

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Korean Won to Japanese Yen Reply with quote

Any bank will do it. Just go in and ask them. Many second or third tier banks might have to send it to a regional office, which will add a few days, but they all change money.
TWG

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At lot of the smaller branches, especially out in the boonies, may not do it. If you're in or near a decent sized city you should do fine just walking into a good sized bank of any type.
Tom567

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I`ve tried at 82 Bank in Shimosuwa City and Chinho City and have had no luck. I`ve also tried at Japan Post bank near Chinho Station and had no luck.

I`m nearly out of Yen and need to get to Matsumoto City in the morning. Are there, 100 percent certain, banks in Matsumoto City which will allow me to exchange won for Yen?
TWG

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom567 wrote:
Are there, 100 percent certain, banks in Matsumoto City which will allow me to exchange won for Yen?

Banks are local here so I have no idea what's in Matsumoto. Sorry.

I dunno if the JP bank will do it, but it may not hurt to try. Otherwise, walk into the biggest bank you find and give it a shot.
Tom567

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One last call:

Does anybody know, with absolute certainty, if a bank in Matsumoto City, KamiSuwa, Okaya, Shimosuwa, Chinho, or Shiojiri will permit me to exchange Korean Won for Japanese Yen?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Japan All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: