Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

To fail a student or is it futile?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rawera

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chinatimes wrote:
Quote:
I have students take cigarette breaks in pairs when they ask to use the double you see, always flashing the hand signal.

I ran into 2 students of mine in the hallway when they should have been in my class. They looked at me actually said, "Teacher, we can't find the classroom." Confused

Haha, the first time I realized a student was taking an extended break I slipped to the bathroom while the other students were doing an exercise. Tapped him on the shoulder as he was texting. He almost had a heart attack. I just returned to the class, him moments later. The class laughed, he hasn't repeated it.
chinatimes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This problem student came to my morning class which was taking a mid-term. She sat through the whole class, took their mid-term (I don't know what that would have achieved, she is a senior and the class was sophomore Confused )

We went to the English department and I told them she wanted to pass the class. They asked one question only, "How did she do on the final?", "Oh, she didn't take it."

I left, sat in the office for about 15 minutes thinking after 2 minutes they would want to discuss it. The person in the English department pointed to my office like he was letting her know either I was in there or go there. They have a homeroom teacher and I thought maybe she had to talk with them. After waiting I decided to leave.

I may never know what they will do. Either they decided to fail her or they will pass her and not tell me it seems.

If they were to pass her, what grade would they give?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: